Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of my 500 Sport. I placed my order and I'm hoping to take delivery within the next 30-45 days.

My wife and I were watching TV and she blurted out a name. I thought "PERFECT Nickname" for my new car. Not going to reveal it just yet. I'll wait until I take delivery and can post some pics.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hope they all come quickly. I had mine for 3 weeks and loved it. Then I found the carpet soaking wet. Back to the dealer...a one hour drive. Told that the AC was draining into the car. Quickly fixed by am still waiting for the new carpet to be put in. I've been in a rental for over a week. Good Luck! I love how mine drove when I had it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too am waiting the arrival of my Sport. The dealer originally told me 10-12 weeks; but after giving it some thought, he told me that before I even committed to buying one. Probably to scare me in to buying one they already had on the lot. I didn't bite. So now I wait, like all of you.

Hopefully you get it in 30 days and not 45. :)

D.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for those of you also waiting.....I know you can call Fiats 800# and get an update on your car, once you've been assigned a VIN.

BUT does anyone know of a way to track it online? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I called. They need to last 8 of your VIN. Apparently, mine is still a glint in its daddy's eye.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called. I thought maybe it was automated. not. have to call back during regular business hours: M-F 8a-8p eastern and Saturday 9a-5p

since I placed my order last Tuesday, I think I'll wait until Wednesday to call.....giving the order a week in the system to see if it's changed from "D" to something else.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just called in, was told that mine appears to be ready to proceed down the line (which corresponds to my dealer's estimated June 21st build date), but the estimated ship date is July 8th. Not sure why they would be holding the car for 2 weeks from build before shipping. Or did the customer service rep get it wrong, and I might actually receive it then?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just called in, was told that mine appears to be ready to proceed down the line (which corresponds to my dealer's estimated June 21st build date), but the estimated ship date is July 8th. Not sure why they would be holding the car for 2 weeks from build before shipping. Or did the customer service rep get it wrong, and I might actually receive it then?
Hey Kzod, when did you order your car?
I just ordered my Sport on the 15th from Johnston Fiat (Hamilton) but they never gave me an estimated build date. I have the VIN# and my order status is current "D" which I'm sure stands for "non-existent"
Just wanted to get an idea of how long this painful wait is going to be. :D

D.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey 'decimortis'.....I ordered mine on the 14th. was told it was also in "D" status. I called the 800# today and "Brian" told me that mine was slated to start production this week and that I would have it sometime next month. nothing definite but that's ok. if I get my Sport in July, I'll be VERY HAPPY! :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Kzod, when did you order your car?
I just ordered my Sport on the 15th from Johnston Fiat (Hamilton) but they never gave me an estimated build date. I have the VIN# and my order status is current "D" which I'm sure stands for "non-existent"
Just wanted to get an idea of how long this painful wait is going to be. :D

D.
Ordered back around the last week of May. Not thrilled with the wait. Seems like others have had faster turnarounds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts