Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stay tuned, I finally did it. I'm waiting for the paint to dry. I need to sand them down to 2400 grit, then polish and wax them. I did a test fit - they'll look very cool.

I used Rustoleum red & crystal clear. 3 color coats, 3 clear coats. It's the first time I paint an auto part.

I think I'll like them!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here they go.

Mirrors, wet sanded (I sanded them so many times I lost count), polished and waxed, ready to be installed.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Owning the same color FIAT I can't say I like it but I don't totally dislike it either, I think it might be cool to have the mirrors colored like the side stripe graphic you have IF you didn't already have that stripe, be kinda like the MINI with it's checkered top or custom painted mirrors. It does work out to look pretty good but it simply isn't for me is all.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks good, kind of like the old Benetton sponsored Renault F1 cars of the late 90s =)

I just knew there was some Benetton influence in it :) Always loved their gear / clothing back in the 80's - 90's. My Sentra SE-R used to have the Momo / Benetton steering wheel! (green leather, blue aluminum center and red and yellow stitching).

·
Registered
433 Posts
my ex's older brother had one in his vw rabbit, the rest of the interior was stripped.

I remember seeing a Mini with red side mirrors in CAR or EVO, limited edition with a few extra horses and such.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
at first I asked myself "WHY?....red mirrors on a blue car?"

then I saw the pics. NICE! :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
at first I asked myself "WHY?....red mirrors on a blue car?"

then I saw the pics. NICE! :D
I believe I saw them on an Abarth first.... so I can't say I got the idea myself.

I then painted my Abarth on Forza Motorsport 3 blue, added the red mirrors, and knew I had to try it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Matches, your brakes!!! That would look good on a silver car too. I not sure if it would look so good on little Gumby.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts