Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the interest of serving my fellow owners, I have to vent about the Studio where we bought our 500. TEAM FIAT, Buford, GA.

At the time of sale they made an oops on the paperwork and charged me an extra $200. I didn't catch it 'til the next day and they didn't feel compelled to remedy the error.

A coworker here is looking for a new car for his wife and knew that my wife and I are enjoying the FIAT. He went to the studio, took a look at the car, and the salesman said to him, "guess you don't think it's much of a car, huh?"
My friend hadn't said anyting negative about the car at all; he said the entire staff was like that. Uninspired.

I brought the car in for its first oil change at 6,000 miles to the other dealer in the area, Landmark, in Atlanta. Nice folks, very enthusiastic.
But they forgot to reset the oil change thingie.

So my wife calls me today, scared. She's got an idiot light, the "general" one. And she's reading the list of what it might be to me.
I told her to call me back in 10 minutes while I check the forum --- during that time she called TEAM FIAT, described all of what was going on, and they told her to call roadside assistance and get a towtruck.
It was the oil change reminder; I had her reset it.
The doo-doo-heads at TEAM FIAT told her to call for a tow truck for an oil change reminder. That would've taken the rest of the day and then she would've had to go back tomorrow to pick up the car.
Idiots.

I'm done with them. If all FIAT studios were like this, jeez. [/rant.paused]

·
Registered
182 Posts
I can completely understand your frustration. Just as a bit of a different perspective. If I were a dealer and a warning light goes off on a customers car, the most prudent thing I can do is to put the car on a truck and get it in to my shop. It is probably not the cheapest way to handle it by the way, but insures that if there is an issue, it does not get compounded by more driving. I would not want to potentially risk the safety of my customer, or the mechanical welfare of the car. I agree that it is overkill for that particular situation, but better safe than sorry? Just one guys opinion.

I totally agree that there is no excuse for anybody to not know their product. Hard to imagine that a commissioned sales person would intentionally dissuade a potential client from buying a car. This may be a great opportunity to speak with the general manager of the dealerships and voice your concerns. The dealers have a ton of money invested in the Studios and I can't imagine that this feedback would be taken lightly by any GM worth their salt. Good luck on this.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Blast an email off to the owner of the dealership about the 'not much of a car' comment, make sure you CC all the people involved in the incident and Chrysler head office. I did this and the next time I showed up at the dealership, all those people involved were gone 'unexpectedly'.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the dealership and spoke with the receptionist. She said "sorry".

As far as troubleshooting over the phone, I figured it out immediately and I'm not a trained FIAT technician. You'd think that they could ask a couple of questions before defaulting to the towtruck.
Regardless of how safe they'd like to play it, bringing your car to the dealership via towtruck is a HUGE inconvenience. To automatically call for a towtruck --- nuts. It wasn't even a critical warning light.

Idiots.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I called the dealership and spoke with the receptionist. She said "sorry".

As far as troubleshooting over the phone, I figured it out immediately and I'm not a trained FIAT technician. You'd think that they could ask a couple of questions before defaulting to the towtruck.
Regardless of how safe they'd like to play it, bringing your car to the dealership via towtruck is a HUGE inconvenience. To automatically call for a towtruck --- nuts. It wasn't even a critical warning light.

Idiots.

The secretary? No. Owner and tell him we live in the age of Twitter and Facebook. I've used that lately with a couple of organizations who have said 'sorry but no' and their tune changes fairly quickly. They claim they'll make a 'one time exception', to save face.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The secretary? No. Owner and tell him we live in the age of Twitter and Facebook. I've used that lately with a couple of organizations who have said 'sorry but no' and their tune changes fairly quickly. They claim they'll make a 'one time exception', to save face.
To what end though?

I think it's good enough to warn people away from this studio; there's a good one in town. Even though the good one adds on charges like undercoating, tinting, and anything else they can think of. But they don't mind if you decline ---- but they'll keep trying to sell them...

No. I just don't think I could ever trust TEAM with my car.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'm just concerned that a Chrysler dealership was given the opportunity to sell Fiats and their sales flunkies are burying the brand. I think if the owner knew this after investing in the brand, things would turn around. Chrysler USA would have a fit if they heard about this.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
In the interest of serving my fellow owners, I have to vent about the Studio where we bought our 500. TEAM FIAT, Buford, GA.

At the time of sale they made an oops on the paperwork and charged me an extra $200. I didn't catch it 'til the next day and they didn't feel compelled to remedy the error.

A coworker here is looking for a new car for his wife and knew that my wife and I are enjoying the FIAT. He went to the studio, took a look at the car, and the salesman said to him, "guess you don't think it's much of a car, huh?"
My friend hadn't said anyting negative about the car at all; he said the entire staff was like that. Uninspired.

I brought the car in for its first oil change at 6,000 miles to the other dealer in the area, Landmark, in Atlanta. Nice folks, very enthusiastic.
But they forgot to reset the oil change thingie.

So my wife calls me today, scared. She's got an idiot light, the "general" one. And she's reading the list of what it might be to me.
I told her to call me back in 10 minutes while I check the forum --- during that time she called TEAM FIAT, described all of what was going on, and they told her to call roadside assistance and get a towtruck.
It was the oil change reminder; I had her reset it.
The doo-doo-heads at TEAM FIAT told her to call for a tow truck for an oil change reminder. That would've taken the rest of the day and then she would've had to go back tomorrow to pick up the car.
Idiots.

I'm done with them. If all FIAT studios were like this, jeez. [/rant.paused]

Hilldweller: I am truly sorry for you having to go through that experience, there really is no excuse. Most of the studio feedback I receive from clients are overall quite positive, but there are those few studios that just don't seem to get it, don't see the big picture. Clients, heck everyone, deserves knowledge, enthusiasm, tact and professionalism when making any kind of purchase. Please let me know if this continues or if you need any involvement by myself or Chrysler/Fiat to restore your faith in our product.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Since you started it... I will repeat the issues I have had.

Bought my car from Holt Fiat in Hurst. Went in one evening after work in my SEMA Charger and was treated like I was king of the mountain (once I found a salesman - they were all in back watching TV)
Went back the next morning to actually buy the car (was on my motorcycle) and was told that I "couldnt afford it" (different salesman).
Understand - This guy walks up to me and asks me what he can do for me. I told him I wanted to buy a Fiat. His immediate response: You cant afford it. No questions, no idea of my income, just that flat statement.

I found my salesman from the previous night and we did the deal. It took longer than I think it should have, but some of that is my fault and I dont really fault them for the time.

as bad as that was, it only gets worse.
When my plates came in nobody called me. It wasnt until I went up there to ask about the door glass that they told me the plates were there.
They were supposed to replace the door glass as part of the deal (the glass is scratched) - its been 4 months now.
They sent another of their customers (a member here) down here to tell me the glass was in - nobody called me and they claim they lost my number (again).
Funny thing - They know my name and the name of my shop, and I know this because they call me from time to time to ask questions...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I love my Studio... Kelly Fiat. Well the service is at the Kelly dodge jeep dealer garage however they are the best. Treat you great. Sorry to hear of your issues. I had a bad experience with the Fort Myers dealer in Florida. Horrible dealer scratched my car and took 4 hours for a oil change. It is a dealer to dealer issue and no a Fiat Studio issue.

Keep in mind though the techs are fresh and inexperienced with the cars. They are "book" smart on the cars however they are learning on our cars as are we.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
When my light came on. I just looked up what it meant on my Fiat app, on my iPhone. The car also told me it needed a oil change too. Mechanics make mistakes. Doesn't really sound like a big issue to me.
I could see how the OP's wife might be upset, not knowing what a idiot light meant. The definition spells out low oil pressure. Better safe then sorry, to call a tow truck. Fiat would have had to pay for it! the car is under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Cary, NC studio hasn't been so great but my salesman (sorta) is making an effort and for that I am slightly happier. I had one guy offer a test drive, once that was done I already decided I'd be taking a loaded Sport home, passed me on to a very young guy which really didn't need to do anything but get his superior to fill out paperwork (which was a HUGE mess and left me dealing with the DMV). As for service, not so smooth and offering to reset the light rather than change the oil, also all work is currently being performed across the street at the Dodge dealer. Sorry you hill and so many others including myself have had such less than impressive service and experiences.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
When my light came on. I just looked up what it meant on my Fiat app, on my iPhone. The car also told me it needed a oil change too. Mechanics make mistakes. Doesn't really sound like a big issue to me.
I could see how the OP's wife might be upset, not knowing what a idiot light meant. The definition spells out low oil pressure. Better safe then sorry, to call a tow truck. Fiat would have had to pay for it! the car is under warranty.
Smark:

I agree with you, but I can see his point as well. Even though the vehicle is under warranty and the tow would have been covered, im sure he was just upset over the inconvenience of having to set up the tow, take off work, etc.. for something so small and Im sure if the studio would have taken the time to ask a few questions.. they coulda solved it.. I would hope that the dealers and studios are there to help and provide a service.. not simply there to say.. "just make an appointment," but ive heard and see it all in this business. Personal attention can go a long way... wish more facilities realized it..

I think thats why Im here for you all :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I love my Studio... Kelly Fiat. Well the service is at the Kelly dodge jeep dealer garage however they are the best. Treat you great. Sorry to hear of your issues. I had a bad experience with the Fort Myers dealer in Florida. Horrible dealer scratched my car and took 4 hours for a oil change. It is a dealer to dealer issue and no a Fiat Studio issue.

Keep in mind though the techs are fresh and inexperienced with the cars. They are "book" smart on the cars however they are learning on our cars as are we.

NHFiat500: Kelly Fiat is a great studio.. with all of them could model themselves after them.. I think all the studios are "up and coming." Started a little slow.. but I think the service is improving overall.. you'll always have some bad apples.. and Im here to make sure you guys (and gals) dont bite the worm :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm all for sharing our experiences. Just need to be careful. Sometimes a bad experience means there are a few bad employees, and the management needs to be brought up to speed.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'm all for sharing our experiences. Just need to be careful. Sometimes a bad experience means there are a few bad employees, and the management needs to be brought up to speed.
Exactly. The owners have no idea.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
. Personal attention can go a long way... wish more facilities realized it..

I think thats why Im here for you all :)
EXACTLY!!!!

With the Internet, things like these forums, Facebook and other social media outlets, one slip up can grow like wild fire.

The way I am is if you show/ act like you care, help me out and get the problem resolved I will spread the word and give praise. You burn me then I hit the other extreme.

Thats what makes me impressed with you and F500 is because you guys represent the best of the brand and give faith and hope to those who might have doubts and lack of confidence in dealerships and in the brand. You guys go beyond "the norm" and deserve credit. If MINI had showed just half the concern and service you do, I would probably still be with them today- But, obviously they don't.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
EXACTLY!!!!

With the Internet, things like these forums, Facebook and other social media outlets, one slip up can grow like wild fire.

The way I am is if you show/ act like you care, help me out and get the problem resolved I will spread the word and give praise. You burn me then I hit the other extreme.

Thats what makes me impressed with you and F500 is because you guys represent the best of the brand and give faith and hope to those who might have doubts and lack of confidence in dealerships and in the brand. You guys go beyond "the norm" and deserve credit. If MINI had showed just half the concern and service you do, I would probably still be with them today- But, obviously they don't.
VTEC Mini: Well I really appreciate all of you here. Im relatively new to this format and I learn a lot from this forum and all of you. I think this is a great form of contact for many reasons... I believe Chrysler/Fiat wants to be as personal as possible.. to let you know we are here for any reason...

At least this way you don't have to wait on hold w/ 1-800 lines trying to avoid speaking with "peggy." :)

This form of social media is relatively new to big manufactures but it seems to be the way of the future. The most important thing is that if I don't know the answer, I can always find the answer. To me, Fiat owners are so enthusiastic and passionate about their vehicles, its been a really great opportunity to speak with you all. Im here to help any way I can.

Reactions: Odin
1 - 20 of 41 Posts