Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so I have a Fiat 500L that’s playing up... I went to use the car the other day, and the battery was flat. So had a jump start and drove the car to my office: When I stopped i noticed the sound of an electric motor running after I turned of the ignition. Which just stayed on... then when I went to drive home the battery was flat. This electric motor noise only stops when I disconnect the battery!!! (or when the battery is flat) Any ideas as my handy mobile mechanic is stuck... Thanks

·
Registered
845 Posts
If the engine gets hot and isn't allowed to cool properly a pump keeps running after shut down to cool the turbo. It should run maybe 10 minutes. This should be in your owner's manual.

How old is the battery and what kind of climate do you live in? Modern cars are very finicky about battery voltage. Have you done a load test? A car parts store usually does it for free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, the ‘electric motor’ noise is defiantly something new. If only driven a few miles and live in the less than warm UK. It’s been on the drive now for about a month (lockdown). Soon as I connected the battery today the same ‘electric motor’ noise kicked in before is even turned the ignition. As far as I know it’s the original battery so 2013!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Defo seems summit is up with the battery... jump started it today.. took it for a hour drive and when I got back it couldn’t start, and when the ignition was on it was throwing up all sorts of error lights, dual transmission error, parking sensor error, which ended when there was no power left to even do that.. Will need to get a new one whatever the issues. It is nearly 8 years old.

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
Usually a new battery and clean connections on both ends of the cables and at the starter solves the issue. My car went dead one day. Dark, key on, nothing. I was sure someone stole the battery. I opened the hood and there was a battery. Batteries here only last 2-3 years because of extreme heat.

You should get a new battery just because of age. It's days are numbered regardless and would remove an issue from the equation.

Reactions: DeSoulo

·
Registered
4 Posts
who can help while driving my 2017 fiat 500 auto its starts to shudder goes into neutral and dies start up after a while put a new battery on tired all the connection but no luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts