Fiat 500 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,848 Posts
My detailed notes show that S26 applied to build dates 3/22/12 - 1/29/16, which would include the OP car.

CAUTION! DON'T USE A PHONE, OR SOME RECALLS MAY NOT SHOW!!!

I just checked my own car on the recall page on my phone, & there were at least 2 recalls missing, but they show when I check from my PC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I checked my VIN and it had all the recall software updates done. It did not have the S26 but it did have the U69 update done.

I also spoke to the dealership today. I'm going to buy the part on my own and hope that Fiat honors the battery warranty once the part is replaced.

I asked the tech at the dealership, he confirmed they tested the 12v and the main battery, he said I could get the printout if I wanted, but that doesn't affect the process they have to go through. Even if the dealership says its the battery, they're going through some Star warranty process, so they have to do whatever the Fiat engineers say.

So I'll spend $2,000 on this part. I'll keep you posted how it turns out.

·
Registered
539 Posts
CAUTION! DON'T USE A PHONE, OR SOME RECALLS MAY NOT SHOW!!!

I just checked my own car on the recall page on my phone, & there were at least 2 recalls missing, but they show when I check from my PC.
That's really odd. Are you saying that the mobile web browser shows different results from the desktop web browser? What if you set the mobile web browser to open the desktop site?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well I finally got the part, just dropped it off at the dealership- hopefully they're able to make it work. They said if this doesn't fix it, it's back to replacing the battery.

I asked for the diagnostic printout, but the main tech was not there. They said they'll be able to give me the printout of the battery health on Monday. In the mean time they gave me this, wasn't very clear and didn't have anything about the state of charge.

Attachments

41 - 47 of 47 Posts