Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an alignment done and 4 new conti pro tires mounted. The alignment shows that my rear axle is bent???? Wtf? Is this an issue for anyone besides me? Oh I am running abarth suspension under my 12 sport. The specs came out dead on in the front set to abarth specs. Didn't even need my new camber bolts......

·
Registered
777 Posts
many cars have appeared to have left the factory with bad rear axles and axle alignment.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Just had an alignment done and 4 new conti pro tires mounted. The alignment shows that my rear axle is bent???? Wtf? Is this an issue for anyone besides me? Oh I am running abarth suspension under my 12 sport. The specs came out dead on in the front set to abarth specs. Didn't even need my new camber bolts......
I doubt that your rear assembly is actually bent. This topic has come up before.

What are your specific alignment issues with the rear? There are Mopar shim kits made exclusively for Fiat 500's and Abarths that correct toe-in and toe-out issues. An alignment shop may not be aware of the shim kit availability and sees the rear as having no provision for adjustment.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The alignment showed it out of spec. The technician made an ASSUMPTION it was due to being bent. Maybe correct, but could just be bad manufacturing. Either way, if it is really bad, and you can convince Fiat that has been this way from day one, you could try for a warranty replacement (it HAS been done by a few people...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts