Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to ever get my auto glass good and clean with no streaks. The streaking is really obvious in the early morning when the sun is just above tree top level. Anyone have a good product/technique that gets it flawlessly clean?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Old trick in detailing I use. After all the water has been soaked up, crunch up some black and white printed newspapers and wipe.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
That's how we used to clean our mirrors and glass in Taiwan!! Works really well.
It seems counter intuitive to rub something that stains your hands, but it does work.

·
Registered
368 Posts
stoners invisible glass and a clean, plush microfiber.

Make a final wipe with a dry portion of the microfiber, and should be streak free

·
Registered
856 Posts
Newspaper works fine as well as the microfiber towel.
Newspaper has good amount of colloids and those streaks/water spots are made of colloids.
colloids = colloids. The colloids in newspaper will grab those colloids on the glasses and removes them for good.

Microfibers have micro spaces in them so colloids/debris will get in to those spaces and eventually removes them for good.

If you are using rainx for your windows/glasses, I would apply them again after using the newspaper method.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Newspaper works fine as well as the microfiber towel.
Newspaper has good amount of colloids and those streaks/water spots are made of colloids.
colloids = colloids. The colloids in newspaper will grab those colloids on the glasses and removes them for good.

Microfibers have micro spaces in them so colloids/debris will get in to those spaces and eventually removes them for good.

If you are using rainx for your windows/glasses, I would apply them again after using the newspaper method.
Very scientific,lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Rainx is a must, especially in a wet climate. If you go the microfiber route make sure you get a "good" cloth. You'll know the difference just by feel. If you get a cheap one it will leave behind a fine lint that makes your windshield sparkle when the sun hits it.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
I use to use newspaper, when I was a kid. Don't receive the news paper. Don't like newsprint hands too. I now use clean old terry cloth bath towels. They work the best. Re washable too.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Can't seem to ever get my auto glass good and clean with no streaks. The streaking is really obvious in the early morning when the sun is just above tree top level. Anyone have a good product/technique that gets it flawlessly clean?
mgirod:

Newspaper works well... or very very fine steel wool will clean the glass. There are cloth wipes out there that deter streaking; try autozone or any auto parts store. Also try Rain-ex or any good car wax on the glass. It prevents streaking and water marks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I never use any glass cleaner, a good ol microfiber towel will do. Just make sure when youre done washing the car that its not baking in the sun. Dry the windows first before drying any other part of the car

·
Registered
567 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts