Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken their FIAT to Bettenhausen Fiat of Tinley Park, Ill for service? Thinking about going there for my next service appt. I bought my car at Northside FIAT, but Bettenhausen is closer to me. So I thought I would give them a try at least once.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Has anyone taken their FIAT to Bettenhausen Fiat of Tinley Park, Ill for service? Thinking about going there for my next service appt. I bought my car at Northside FIAT, but Bettenhausen is closer to me. So I thought I would give them a try at least once.

i also bought my fiat at northside, but i knew id have to use bettenhausen as it is the closest dealer (i live near niles, mi). that wouldnt have been the case if fiat of merrillville wouldnt have pulled out.

ive browsed at bettenhausen, and at least it appears they do the service work right where they sell the cars.

let us know how it goes if you go there.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got an estimated 1500 miles til my next service. I will post my experience. I too bought planing on the Merrilville location but what do you do....I am use to the travel having owned a smart fortwo for 3 years, but I was ready for something a little closer. Someday...Someday!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I've got an estimated 1500 miles til my next service. I will post my experience. I too bought planing on the Merrilville location but what do you do....I am use to the travel having owned a smart fortwo for 3 years, but I was ready for something a little closer. Someday...Someday!

BTW, can you tell me if northside did the stripes on your car? im considering a blue 500 used, and i want stripes such as those.

thanks (seem like it was mentioned some time ago, but i couldnt find it)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, can you tell me if northside did the stripes on your car? im considering a blue 500 used, and i want stripes such as those.

thanks (seem like it was mentioned some time ago, but i couldnt find it)
The top stripes are OEM Racing stripes the stripes on the side were done by a local guy. I paid $150 installed at the local shop. The studio was about $400. If you want a set I can see if maybe he could make and ship and you have them put on or do it yourself. Let me know. He's working on another project for my wife's FIAT. Nothing major I'll post pics when it's done.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
thanks so much. i was thinking of just the top stripes. if i get this car, i will let you know. i wouldnt mind driving down to your guy .

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks so much. i was thinking of just the top stripes. if i get this car, i will let you know. i wouldnt mind driving down to your guy .
I just want to clarify he only done the sides and not the top. I bought it with the racing stripe already installed. Im sure he could it that though. I'll talk to him a little.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
while we would LOVE to have you bring your 500's to O'Brien FIAT in Greenwood, I completely understand your logistics.

unfortunately I can't speak from personal experience about their FIAT Studio, I can tell you that I've heard nothing but good things about the Bettenhausen Automotive Group in general.

pls let us know of your experience and if you're ever on the Southside of Indy, pls drop in O'Brien FIAT of Greenwood. we would love to see you! :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ha! I bought my fiat 500 at Bettenhausen. The sales experience was good. However, when the car was being washed and prepped for me to take home, I noticed that they did a poor job at cleaning it. The interior was dirty, the dash all streaked and the exterior was still dirty in spots around the car. But I overlooked it because I was excited to finally have it.
One week later I noticed the car was making clunking noises when i would park or turn. I took it back and they told me it was the steering rack that needed to be greased. everything was fine after that. Except when I looked underneath the car, I noticed the pich welds were bent badly and the paint/undercoating was chipped off! I couldnt believe that they wouldnt use a better lifting point or another method. I complained about it and they said they would take a look at it next week. I took it in and they said they bent it back out and repainted it. They did an ok job. The service dept was responsive to my needs but it just seemed like nobody there really knows about the fiat...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bent it back out sounds like a not so good thing, sorry to hear of your troubles.
Yeah it sucks. They were supposed to add 2x4 blocks underneath before lifting. That way the pinch weld can settle into the wood. We used to do that all the time at Sears on cars that had no other lift point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts