Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this for my daughter who turns 16 next week Pop 500c red with a bordeaux top. Swapped out the standard 15" pop wheels for a set of 16" Sport wheels. Tinted the windows today. Will post photos of the "surprise" next week. I hope she takes over this listing and gets into the car as much as I have in the short time it has been a member of the family. My wife has to keep reminding me it is her car not mine so I will stop planning all the mods I want to do to it! Love the car.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Good luck!
A friend of mine was telling me that when he took his daughter car shopping, she hated the Fiat. I couldn't believe it. But I'll tell you what, I don't get any smiles or interest from women when I drive my car, while I get plenty of looks, smiles, thumbs-up, and questions from men of all ages.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
My daughter, likes the 500, better then the smart car, I gave her. It could be that Bose 7 channel sound system in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck!
A friend of mine was telling me that when he took his daughter car shopping, she hated the Fiat. I couldn't believe it. But I'll tell you what, I don't get any smiles or interest from women when I drive my car, while I get plenty of looks, smiles, thumbs-up, and questions from men of all ages.
I took her to the dealership one night to "motivate" her into finishing her drivers education course. She fell in love with the red one with the red and white dashboard! She does not know that I found a 500c with a red top and the red and white dash.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not to offend any parents but in my opinion anyone (child or otherwise) who is ungrateful for getting a fantastic, free car is undeserving of it in the first place.

Parenting practices aside, since your daughter already loves the Fiat she'll be ecstatic when she receives it. Good luck!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Oh yeah, if she already likes the car, then duh. I was under the mistaken impression that it would be a complete surprise.

And not to offend any parents, but any kid getting a brand new car for their 16th Birthday is just as likely to be spoiled as not, and being upset that the car isn't the one she wanted isn't unheard of. Not that YOUR girl is spoiled, just that such a thing is not hard to imagine.

Personally, I think my wife is being too generous by offering to pay half of the cost of a car for my son (recently 16). He has to pay the other half from his savings, and it sure the heck won't be anything remotely new! Of course, he wants a classic Mustang to work on and show off, so a new one isn't possible anyway. ;-) Too bad, though, 'cus he has enough to buy a brand new one at 60's prices. ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah, if she already likes the car, then duh. I was under the mistaken impression that it would be a complete surprise.

And not to offend any parents, but any kid getting a brand new car for their 16th Birthday is just as likely to be spoiled as not, and being upset that the car isn't the one she wanted isn't unheard of. Not that YOUR girl is spoiled, just that such a thing is not hard to imagine.

Personally, I think my wife is being too generous by offering to pay half of the cost of a car for my son (recently 16). He has to pay the other half from his savings, and it sure the heck won't be anything remotely new! Of course, he wants a classic Mustang to work on and show off, so a new one isn't possible anyway. ;-) Too bad, though, 'cus he has enough to buy a brand new one at 60's prices. ;-)
Not to offend any parents but in my opinion anyone (child or otherwise) who is ungrateful for getting a fantastic, free car is undeserving of it in the first place.

Parenting practices aside, since your daughter already loves the Fiat she'll be ecstatic when she receives it. Good luck!

You are both right. She will love the car and she has been a wonderful daughter. I told her at a very young age that her "job" was to be a good kid, get good grades and work hard and be a nice person. She has excelled in all of those so as payment for her doing her job all these years she gets this.

·
Registered
93 Posts
She'll make some lucky boy a happy husband some day ... :rolleyes:
Then that boy will buy her a 911 but the 911 won't be good enough so she divorces him, takes his money and weds a wealthier guy who buys her a Bently but the Bently is not good enough and it goes on....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then that boy will buy her a 911 but the 911 won't be good enough so she divorces him, takes his money and weds a wealthier guy who buys her a Bently but the Bently is not good enough and it goes on....

I hope we are all talking about the blonde in the video not my daughter!!!
\:):confused::eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts