Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate chrome on cars, so I want to black out all the chrome trimming, aside from spending close to $1000 from 500madness to buy their blacked out stuff, has anyone does it themselves?

Thanks!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I'm not a big fan of alot of chrome either, but I think that the small amount on the Pop is a good compromise. (I especially like the small whickers on the front.)

Anyway, I'd be very interested in seeing pictures of how it turns out on your car if you do make any mods.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
12 Posts
Id like to do it to. Was deciding if I was gonna paint it, or go for vinyl...anyone know if the whiskers are held up with screws to the front bumper, or is it just glue? Also curious about the back trunk lid if its glue or screwed in. Much easier to vinyl wrap if its glued...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Talk to Lyle here:

http://www.vinylstyles.com/index2.php#/rgallery5/7/

He does great work and is interested in expanding to FIAT. You can see his prices to wrap MINI chrome bits and FIAT would be similar I would expect. He did my 500 tail lights in red. I am wrestling with blacking out all my chrome as well. Never liked it with yellow paint.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Id like to do it to. Was deciding if I was gonna paint it, or go for vinyl...anyone know if the whiskers are held up with screws to the front bumper, or is it just glue? Also curious about the back trunk lid if its glue or screwed in. Much easier to vinyl wrap if its glued...
Both are screwed in. Easy to remove, wrap, and replace.

Door handles not so easy. So far no instructions for removing inside door panels.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, I would suggest 'wrapping' the pieces as well. just that the door handles would be a PITA. Anyone in your area powdercoat parts? Can you powdercoat plastic??

·
Vendor
730 Posts
I hate chrome on cars, so I want to black out all the chrome trimming, aside from spending close to $1000 from 500madness to buy their blacked out stuff, has anyone does it themselves?

Thanks!
Keep in mind that if you send us back your original parts that you take off your net cost for Blacked out: Headlights, Driving Lights, Tail Lights and Front and Rear Badges are $700.

We will also be doing Pear Finishes soon (as seen on our widebody conversion).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts