Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's pretty cool....but keep in mind I haven't had a new GPS in 6 years. It yells at me when I speed, get near school zones, eat foods high in cholesterol, and think about women other than my wife. (all of which can be switch off)
I tried to download the Mr T. voice pack and I don't think this unit is compatible with voicepacks....so don't waste your $13.

The GPS placement kinda sucks. The dash is tiny, the windshield is tiny, and this thing hogs up a lot of real-estate.

I haven't played with the blue and me through the GPS because my car already has it. Not sure the benefit of going through the GPS vs. the car. I did get a serious chuckle when a friend of mine saw me drive by in town and texted something incredibly derogatory about me and my car choice...and my car read the text message.

"Nice rollerskate you fig". I'm not sure why he called me a fig.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Mr Pickles, was your Tom-Tom WITH the car when you picked it up? I'm told the unit itself is shipped separately from the car.

when my car came off the transport, in back of the car were the floor mats, the GPS mount and an empty plastic bag.....about the size a GPS unit would come in.

when I took delivery, they told me the units were shipped separate from the cars. sounds like some ARE and some are NOT. so I don't have mine to play with. :(

guess I'll just have to live my Tom-Tom GPS life vicariously through YOU! :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
not sure about Mr. Pickles, but mine came "separately" but they had it when I picked up the car last week. I haven't used it much because I generally know where I'm going and the bluetooth in the car is enough - but it does make controlling the radio easier (I have a bunch of mp3s on a stick in the glove), and it was a trip to have it flash at me when I was speeding

as for the text-message reader, I haven't figured mine out yet - I have a feeling it's not compatible with my phone

·
Registered
23 Posts
personally, i'm using Navigon on my iPhone, and it works fantastic! the only thing that bugs me is the usb cable running from the glove box to my vent mount is a little unsightly, but it does the trick :)

in case anyone hasn't tried it yet, it even attenuates your music while its reading out directions, so you don't have to strain to hear it :)

just wish the MSG reader worked :/

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
personally, i'm using Navigon on my iPhone, and it works fantastic! the only thing that bugs me is the usb cable running from the glove box to my vent mount is a little unsightly, but it does the trick :)

in case anyone hasn't tried it yet, it even attenuates your music while its reading out directions, so you don't have to strain to hear it :)

just wish the MSG reader worked :/
Check out my thread, that should fix your prob

http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158

·
Registered
207 Posts
Using the Blue and me thru the GPS gives you so many more option and you can see it on the screen. I have what may be a dumb question, does the little 500 car on the navigation match the color of your car or is it a coincidence that my car is white and the little 500 is white?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Using the Blue and me thru the GPS gives you so many more option and you can see it on the screen. I have what may be a dumb question, does the little 500 car on the navigation match the color of your car or is it a coincidence that my car is white and the little 500 is white?
White 500 on-screen is default. I want to change mine to Rosso Brilliante. :D

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
another feature of the TomTom and Blue & Me is that when you're low on fuel, it shows a warning on your Nav and asks if you want directions to the nearest gas station. COOL! :cool:

don't really need it around town but while on a trip it might come in handy. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts