Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 500 sport and have successfully paired my iphone4 (iOS 5) and transferred the contacts. All voice commands work fine (i.e. "redial", "dial - then number") except for "call - then contact name". For instance, if I have a contact "John Smith", when I try "call John Smith" nothing happens and then in a few seconds Blue&Me prompts for a command or to say "help". I can also place a call from the car using my contacts by navigating through the steering wheels controls and instrument screen. It is only the "call" command that doesn't work.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
I have a iphone 4gs. You need to say call....and what ever the name of the person. Don't hesitate. Speak real clear too. First and last name. My old 3g was last name first, then first. The 4gs. first name first, and then last. Make sure you blue tooth is turn on on the iPhone.

View attachment 1690

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks smark! I'll try again later today...I have everything set the way you showed...I also think it must be my voice somehow (although I have no accent) since all other commands work fine and my contacts are also transferred to the car too.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I recently got a 500 sport and have successfully paired my iphone4 (iOS 5) and transferred the contacts. All voice commands work fine (i.e. "redial", "dial - then number") except for "call - then contact name". For instance, if I have a contact "John Smith", when I try "call John Smith" nothing happens and then in a few seconds Blue&Me prompts for a command or to say "help". I can also place a call from the car using my contacts by navigating through the steering wheels controls and instrument screen. It is only the "call" command that doesn't work.

mlb11: I agree with Tweak.... sounds lie a software issue to me.. I would recommend having the studio check out the vehicle. Let me know if you need any further assistance beyond a studio appointment. Have a great day!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FiatCares - thanks! I'm beginning to think this as well as I tried it again yesterday (even renaming contacts different first and last names) and it is just unresponsive whenever I say "call". "Dial" works perfectly and even correctly inputs a number that I pronounce. Incoming calls also work....I'll likely have this looked at during the first oil change as I live 80 miles from my dealer and luckily all other functions are working.

Please let me know if this crops up with others as well. Thanks again.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
mlb11, there must be something wrong with the firmware on your Blue and Me. I just tried both ways. I dialed my wife. it worked. Then I said call, (my brothers Name), and it worked. She prompt, mobile, home, or work. I said mobile. Dialed him right up. Showed his name in the center Eco gage, and the phone section on the Navigation screen.

I take her up to the service department, and have the firmware update on your car. Hope you get it worked out.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
FiatCares - thanks! I'm beginning to think this as well as I tried it again yesterday (even renaming contacts different first and last names) and it is just unresponsive whenever I say "call". "Dial" works perfectly and even correctly inputs a number that I pronounce. Incoming calls also work....I'll likely have this looked at during the first oil change as I live 80 miles from my dealer and luckily all other functions are working.

Please let me know if this crops up with others as well. Thanks again.
mlb11: No problem at all... hope this helps you.. send me a PM if you run into any problems..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this same problem

Went to the dealership for my spare tire install and unfortunately no fiat service tech was in to help so I talked to some guys at the dealership. We still couldnt fix it but they led me on the right path

So first you go into the menu button

go to settings

User Data

Two options are there Delete User Data or Delete All

Hit delete all

Pair up the phone

Fixed the problem
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 Fiat 500 Blue&Me and iPhone 4S

Hey, I'd be interested in learning how to transfer contacts to Blue&Me from an iPhone 4S. Blue&Me says I have to confer with iPhone contact settings. Ok, but how? Can you please quickly jot down what you did. Hopefully you did something. It certainly doesn't work out of the box for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I've got a 2012 500 Sport. My Blue&Me works great. But I've never been able to get the "VR" button to work... when I press the "VR" button the only thing that happens is the voice saying "No Message". I asked my Studio about it and they were not sure how to fix it? Has anyone else had this happen or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
You are holding it wrong...err...holding it too long :) Just click it, less than a second...long press runs the stupid message reader (that doesn't work with iPhone, which makes me grrr) and that's what you are getting.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Our "blue & me does the same exact thing. We took delivery of our Abarth 5-2-2012 and the blue & me worked fine for about two weeks then it just quit cooperating altogether and now the "call" command doesn't work and the dealer has ordered another blue & me module. The clock is fast too. I still love this car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Noob question alert: How do you get to see your contacts in Blue&Me? Is it through the TomTom screen? I have pressed the phone menu before but didn't see any of my contacts. Didn't know you could change it from the steering wheel...but then again, I don't even know where to get my contact list to start with... ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Noob question alert: How do you get to see your contacts in Blue&Me? Is it through the TomTom screen? I have pressed the phone menu before but didn't see any of my contacts. Didn't know you could change it from the steering wheel...but then again, I don't even know where to get my contact list to start with... ;)
No Nav here but I press the left wheel button on front then navigate with the rear left wheel buttons I want to say, very rare I actually use it though so sorry for not being more specific.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
It would either have to be through the nav screen (if equipped) or through the EVIC screen

1 - 19 of 19 Posts