Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue...

My car does copy my contact list from my phone... but it does so every single time I get in and turn it on. It's as if Blue&Me deletes all my contacts everytime I turn off the car.

Does this happen to everyone else? Is there a setting I can change in order to save the contacts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and am experiencing the same issue; the phone pairs and remains paired, it also uploads my phone's contact list with no problem....which is useable for about 15-20 minutes. When I walk away from the car for more than that amount of time (with or without my phone), the Phonebook somehow empties itself and I have to upload it again (which I can do via the Phonebook option or deleting and re-pairing the phone, either way). It lasts another 15-20 min, then repeat, and repeat.... I have told my sales guy and he is asking service tomorrow. Will let all know if I find out anything helpful. So far, seems no one in the Forums having this issue (and there seem to be several) seems to have an answer.

·
Registered
12,585 Posts
Mine updates each time too. Always have new contacts on my phone. It would make sense to do that. Using a iphone 4gs

·
Registered
401 Posts
My 4Gs does this now too. It did not the first few days, but it does every time now. I have gotten to the point of not turning on the blue tooth on the phone any more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think it's supposed to, it downloads the contact list of whatever phone it connects with each time you start the car. It only takes a moment, so quit complaining.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The updating, I don't mind; I do wish it would auto-connect instead of me having to pull my phone and approve the link-up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Problem solved - It turns out the issue with auto updating is due to multiple phones being paired (or different ROMs for those of us with rooted phones). Go into user data and clear it all, then re-pair the phone and it won't do it anymore.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I never had any issues and I have an iPhone 4.. Could be your phone. Make sure you have the most up to date software on the phone along with the latest Blue&Me update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a brand new iphone and a brand new Fiat 500, and she's asking me to update my contacts every single time I start the car. Fadelight, I'm not too tech-savvy - what did you mean about going into user data? Is that on the phone?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine worked perfect for the first few days. now i have to reset the phone and erase the Blue & Me memory everytime I start the car. Im not that popular anyway so I havnt used Bluetooth in months.

·
Banned
762 Posts
Problem solved - It turns out the issue with auto updating is due to multiple phones being paired (or different ROMs for those of us with rooted phones). Go into user data and clear it all, then re-pair the phone and it won't do it anymore.
I don't think so..I only have one phone and it's not rooted...and it still says updating phone book every single time.....

·
Registered
167 Posts
It is your phone not the car. I had a samsung galaxy S2 on android 2.3 and it worked fine. When I upgraded to the ICS 4.0 it did this. The software in the blue and me was not compatible with the ICS update. Went back to 2.3 gingerbread and fine again. I believe there is an update for the blue and me and there is a list of supported devices. Do a search of compatible devices for blue and me and see if your's falls into this category

·
Registered
856 Posts
Um.. not really.
I have samsung galaxy s2 and ics4.0.4 and mine works just fine aa before.

Here is the trick.

After update to ics4, delete everything related to bluetooth memory as well as the blue & me system. So blue & me does noy have any bt info whatsoever.

Put your phone on discovery mode, connect through blue and me.

Done.

If it does not connect smoothly as before, delete everything and connect again. Eventually you will get it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's a tidbit that may have bearing. Moto X original. Worked fine. Then I had to do a factory reset to solve some phone problems. Then B&M copied address book at each turn-on. Deleting all in B&M in the car didn't help. I just discovered Unpair in the phone Bluetooth settings. Did that. Deleted All in car settings. Started over from scratch with Pairing. All seems good now.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Here's a tidbit that may have bearing. Moto X original. Worked fine. Then I had to do a factory reset to solve some phone problems. Then B&M copied address book at each turn-on. Deleting all in B&M in the car didn't help. I just discovered Unpair in the phone Bluetooth settings. Did that. Deleted All in car settings. Started over from scratch with Pairing. All seems good now.
Often a complete reset is required...hopefully you won't run into such issue again. A few people have reported occasional problems but my experience with a new 2012 Sport and a new 2013 Abarth B&M has been trouble free. Glad you sorted your issues. :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts