Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some feedback on the Blue & Me option: how it works, quality, etc....

·
Registered
42 Posts
One word... AWESOME!

You can actually hear your text messages, dial without touching your phone etc. It far exceeds what I have in my BMW or Mercedes for handsfree...

·
Registered
72 Posts
It does a really good job compared to others I've used. It's really clear and people claim that they can hear me pretty well. The text feature is pretty neat too. Overall I'm really pleased.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Played with it today. Incredible system. Gave it a full test after a test drive. I paired my phone with the Blue&me in a couple of steps. Can't remember exactly but it was something like "Phone" "Settings" "Pairing", after which it gives you a pin to enter in your phone after it finds the B&me system. A few more words and I transferred my phone book to the car (deleted it after the test) and was immediately able to start calling people. You don't even need to say the last name if there are no duplicate listings.

Not sure why the radio doesn't work with the voice recognition, but the steering wheel controls are good at getting the job done and would quickly become second nature. Didn't have my ipod with me, but it looks like that wouldn't work well with the system.

Today was test drive #5 for me, and I put down a deposit on a light green 500c. This should be a fun summer (if it gets here by then)

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all your feedback. I'm looking forward to making use of the Blue & Me, that's for sure. seems my Bluetooth ear and my phone are always 'disconnecting' themselves. now I won't have to mess with the 'ear'.

and CONGRATS 'kzod' on ordering your 500c. the light green was one color I wanted to see before deciding on my Sport, but they haven't gotten any of them in yet. they DO have the darker green (Olivio?) and it was really nice, but not 'me'.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Blue & Me

I love my new "Prima Edizione" #410, I Sync'd my phone to the Fiat with no problem. One question, is there a way for the Lady that calls out the voice Commands to Speak with an Itailian Accent! (That would be the Icing on the cake for this Itailian Sports Car). Phil :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Regarding Blue & Me, my salesperson told me that FIAT has made the system standard on later build date Pop models. At this time, most Pop models on the lot do not have the feature. However, all of the Pop models are listing "wireless phone connectivity." Can someone please shed some insight for me here. Is WPC is same as Blue & Me? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Regarding Blue & Me, my salesperson told me that FIAT has made the system standard on later build date Pop models. At this time, most Pop models on the lot do not have the feature. However, all of the Pop models are listing "wireless phone connectivity." Can someone please shed some insight for me here. Is WPC is same as Blue & Me? Thanks.
i had the same question. i was also told that pop models will start coming with blue and me in states that require hands free communication.

i just picked mine up yesterday, but it didnt have the blue and me. it is one thing i would have liked. WPC definitely is not blue and me as there are no controls on the left side of the steering wheel that blue and me has.

i fear that the wireless phone connectivity only means you can plug your cell phone in for charging. these days, that would be like listing a car has a steering wheel.

maybe the "wireless phone connectivity" means something nelse.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My salesman mentioned that all Pops made after a certain date in May, the 5th I think, would come with it. He said the 500C we took out didn't because it was built before then.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

My dealer told me pretty much the same thing about early Pop models and Blue & Me. Since my Pop didn't have Blue & Me on it though, the dealer discounted the price of my car a bit. (And since I don't have a Bluetooth phone or iPod etc, it hasn't been a big issue, though I guess it could impact resale a bit.)

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
343 Posts
My dad has a pretty lovely Mercedes C series.

His eyeballs almost popped out when he saw the Blue&Me at work. He just couldn't believe my tiny car could do the Eco:drive thing, voice commands, MP3 playback, playlists, iPod control... but what really got him is how terrible the Mercedes radio & bluetooth interface is when compared to the Fiat. It's so much better on my car it isn't funny.

The rest of the car.. I'd say he has the better one ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Fooey. My other car is a 2011 535i BMW and I wouldnt say it is better... Is an apple better than a bananna? They are different but equally great in their own way. BTW... I have not driven the big car in 3 weeks ;' )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts