Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Android Smartphone. I think I know the answer to this question, but in the event someone has more info, I thought I'd ask.

Can I use Blue & Me to play music off of my phone? Or do I have to plug it into the usb port if I want to play music files on it?

I mainly ask because a friend with an entirely different sound system in his car can stream music from his android smartphone to his radio via bluetooth. I was hoping I could do the same, but just hadn't found the feature.

Thanks!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Blue&Me does not support bluetooth audio in stereo for music playback, as far as I know. Kind of sucks that it doesn't, since that's not especially new technology. You can plug it in as a USB drive, or via Aux input, but not play via bluetooth. I just use a USB thumb drive to hold my MP3s.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I might just load up my thumb drive, heh, it holds more MP3s than my phone does anyway.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
My iPhone holds plenty of songs (32gb) but i usually use Pandora to listen to music, does anyone know if AUX is the only way i can play that? It seems when i plug in with USB, it only can see the songs that are stored on my device.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Use your favorite media player on a PC to create playlists. Easiest way is to plug the device into the PC, load the songs into the playlist from the device, and save the playlist to the device. That's what I did, using WinAmp. I saved the playlists in the root of the media, and the car sees them just fine.

I'm pretty sure you'd only be able to listen to Pandora via Aux input, since it's not actual stored media on the drive, but streaming data from the internet.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I tried streaming pandora via my iPhone through the USB connection and it works. You can skip songs, just can't change to a different station.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I tried streaming pandora via my iPhone through the USB connection and it works. You can skip songs, just can't change to a different station.
Do you see any information on the radio display, such as title/artist?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you see any information on the radio display, such as title/artist?
Yep! You get the artist name, album and song. It does not have the genre though. I think its a combo of the system being flashed / updated and Pandora iPhone app was just updated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We recently picked up our 2013 Abarth. We love everything about the car except for the BLUE&ME system. We use SIRI on our iPhones and iPads all the time. The voice recognition in BLUE&ME is very shoddy in comparison to SIRI. We keep most of our music in iCloud. When we hook up our iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 via USB, the media player sometimes says no device detected, or if detected, it can't really play the tunes because it can't retrieve them via iCloud. Interestingly, we can use the forward and back buttons behind the steering wheel to navigate albums, but the songs won't play. After bluetooth pairing, audio from apps on the iPhone or iPad will vend their audio to the system. SIRI included. So we've been using SIRI on our devices to initiate calls, do maps, get info etc, and it does send the audio to the BLUE&ME system just fine. But, we don't get any interaction via the steering wheel controls. Worse, BLUE&ME won't accept music from iTunes over bluetooth. WTF? I use iTunes over BT with other devices in our house, so it's not an iOS issue, it's BLUE&ME limitations. We may have to resort to using the AUX, but this is far less than satisfactory. The interface for BLUE&ME is really a load of crap - actually. It seems archaic compared with how we manage communication and media with our iPhones and iPads. I guess Honda and other companies are now getting behind SIRI EYES by Apple. This is what I really want and would make the Abarth just perfect. Please FIAT, hook up with Apple and offer SIRI EYES. The BLUE&ME is real let down.

·
Registered
420 Posts
So my Sirius year is up on the Abarth and I finally got around to trying/finding out just how stupid the media player and blue & me function. I have a Nexus 4 and it took about 30 minutes to populate....but it didn't even find my music...it only plays sound clips that are sprinkled throughout my os.

Has anyone gotten it to recognize your music library on your android device through USB?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts