Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was told by TomTom that the RDS-TMC traffic receiver is built into the built in dock for the Fiat 500. Is this true? My TomTom says to attach the unit to a receiver. :confused:

It would be pretty lame :mad: that the unit has traffic support however does not the receiver built into a built in dock system. :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was told by TomTom that the RDS-TMC traffic receiver is built into the built in dock for the Fiat 500. Is this true? My TomTom says to attach the unit to a receiver. :confused:

It would be pretty lame :mad: that the unit has traffic support however does not the receiver built into a built in dock system. :eek:

I agree, mine does the same exact thing, I suspect they sell a different mount for this unit in Europe that has the RDS-TMC antenna built in. I am still quite upset about the loss of this functionality since the unit clearly can perform this function. I find no where on the site where I can buy the other mount either.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support. My name is Nicky and we are always happy to help.

I understand that you want to know how to access traffic service on your device. I understand the importance of the issue for you.

I am here assist you and will provide the necessary information in this regard.

You could have used the RDS-TMC receiver to get traffic information on your device. We apologize to inform you that "RDS-TMC" is no longer working and has been called off. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you an ETA as to when the service will be available. I would strongly recommend you to subscribe for the TomTom Newsletter so that whenever any updates are available in this matter, you will be the first one to know about it. If you choose to subscribe for the TomTom Newsletter then please visit the following web page:

http://www.tomtom.com/2091

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you!

To update your TomTom question (incident) or to reply to this email:
Please log in to your TomTom account using the following link:
http://www.tomtom.com/myTomTom/login.php
-Now Click on 'Support'
-Select 'My Questions History'
-Click on the title of your question then click on 'Update Question'

Note: If the incident is not updated within 72 hours, the incident will move to 'Solved' status to reflect that the provided resolution has been successful for you. The incident will automatically get closed.

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 8:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom, we believe in showing you the way, the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Nicky
TomTom Customer Support
Apparently this service was shut off? Which does not make any sense because the DOT provides this signal... no? :eek: I got this in my car so I could use this service and its no longer available. This is a new car! I'm looking into getting a refund.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep got off the phone with TomTom. This unit is obsolete and being sold as "new technology" through Fiat. Be warned. I'm going after them for a refund.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So is there a replacement unit for this solution? Didnt the TomTom 2 just come out?
I brought the issue up when I stopped at the studio (dealer) yesterday following up a phone call I made. They are waiting for a call back from cooperate Fiat for an answer. They weren't pleased to hear of this.

From my research there is also a new unit out, TomTom 2 Live with their live services. This however from what I can see is only out in Europe right now.

I'll post an update when I hear back with their resolution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts