Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Curious. I use a motorola item that connects to my iPhone with bluetooth, and then to the radio with an FM transmitter. Not perfect, but not all bad either. I can stream audio, or iPhone music, or in my case, live streaming Italian RAI radio, to the car stereo. If a phone call comes in, the incoming voice plays through the car speakers.

Motorola T505 or something like that. Small item that clips to the sun visor.

I have Blue +me on my desire list for my 500, however.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curious. I use a motorola item that connects to my iPhone with bluetooth, and then to the radio with an FM transmitter. Not perfect, but not all bad either. I can stream audio, or iPhone music, or in my case, live streaming Italian RAI radio, to the car stereo. If a phone call comes in, the incoming voice plays through the car speakers.

Motorola T505 or something like that. Small item that clips to the sun visor.

I have Blue +me on my desire list for my 500, however.
FM Transmitters are ok for voice calls, but very lacking when it comes to music streaming hence the need for a hard wire connection or better yet in this case wireless Bluetooth.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I understand that the AUX in being in the glove box isn't loved by all, but I find it fine. I just don't think that bluetooth would give me the quality I want for music.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that the AUX in being in the glove box isn't loved by all, but I find it fine. I just don't think that bluetooth would give me the quality I want for music.
im just trying to minimize the amount of wires that i have to hook up to the phone every time i have to get in or out of the car. and im still looking for something as the Pro clip to mount my oem phone mount on, to the right of the speedo. looks like the best place for it, very close to where the tomtom would have been and closer to the cig lighter which couldn't be any further away if they tried!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
FM Transmitters are ok for voice calls, but very lacking when it comes to music streaming hence the need for a hard wire connection or better yet in this case wireless Bluetooth.
Agree totally. It's not stunning for voice quality either. I just see the motorola BT/FM thing as a good wireless option if there is no other. Here in BC hands-free is the law for anything, including 'phones and GPS units. No digitizing while driving allowed.

I've mostly given up on high quality audio in my cars; perhaps I don't spend enough time driving to need or miss it. I'm fairly picky about my music reproduction at home, and my own bass gear, but in the car not so much.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Agree completely. When I got my Fiat I made the $30 or so investment to just buy a thumb drive, put all my music on it, and not have to worry about any cables or poor quality sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update on this. If you ask me this is a HUGE issue. Primarily becasue we all have smart phones, I dont need ANY of the blue and me garbage. They could have saved us the headache of that POS system and allowed us to utilize or phones. My phone reads texts, let me reply, can sytream internet radio, takes photos, think about it, why would you need blue and me..........its clunky. I have even navigate songs on my usb card properly. Come on, the japs are killing us with these sort of things.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have zero problems with my blue and me. I love streaming pandora from my iPhone via my USB and fast forward through songs. Sound volume matches radio, cd, and Sirius (which when runs out I won't keep).

The hands free works great. Voice control in any car is cumbersome and I find useless so I don't use that side except for making calls.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
So it looks like the device in the OP is pretty neat but needs to be synced with 2 bluetooth devices, and i don't know if my iPhone 4 will do that. And for the record, i think my Blue&Me is just fine. I don't use the menu very much, i use the voice controls for calls mostly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
so just want to let anyone who wants to try the OPs device, that I just installed it and Im pretty dissapointed....On mine, the usb power source makes some wierd noises that I think are connected to the engine revs, you can really hear the interference in the background

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also purchased BlueBridge mini-jack Rx and I freaking love it! I hate wires, so streaming music wireless through bluetooth was exactly what I wanted. I was really disappointed with the lack of A2DP on my FIAT and this worked great for my needs as well.

I have an iPhone 4S and I have it connected through USB for power and through the AUX port for Bluetooth streaming. You can have both, the Blue&Me and the BlueBridge mini paired at the same time.

I can be streaming Pandora, or Podcasts, or the Music app, through bluetooth and when I get a phone call it will mute it and automatically ring through the speakers. I can then answer and use Blue&Me like always. Once you hang up, the music continues.

One thing I should note is that when you first get into your car, you need to hold the BlueBridge device's button for 3 seconds so that your phone connects to it. I think the reason I need to do this is because my Blue&Me always connects first as soon as I get in the car.

Regarding interference, I also hear a small interference if I am not playing anything through bluetooth but I am connected to the Blue&Me and my phone is in AUX (If you're on FM, or CD, then I don't hear anything). As soon as I start streaming or playing audio it goes away.

I honestly don't mind pressing the blue bridge button in the glove for 3 secs when I get in the car. If you completely disable Blue&Me, then I don't think you would need to do that since the phone will connect automatically.

Sorry for the long post, I think someone should explain this in detail due to the lack of info on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Regarding interference, I also hear a small interference if I am not playing anything through bluetooth but I am connected to the Blue&Me and my phone is in AUX (If you're on FM, or CD, then I don't hear anything). As soon as I start streaming or playing audio it goes away.
Sorry this paragraph should read -

Regarding interference, I also hear a small interference if I am not playing anything through bluetooth but I am connected to the BluBridge and my phone is in AUX (If you're on FM, or CD, then I don't hear anything). As soon as I start streaming or playing audio it goes away.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.