Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy the body side mouldings from the Lounge model to install onto my Sport? The dealership says they're around C$240 for the pair, but I've seen some websites that sell mouldings for around US$100, but I'm not sure if that's for the same thing that I would otherwise find on the Lounge model or if it's something else altogether.

Anybody have any info that might help?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
the OE moldings run about $59ea for the door moldings and $25ea for the quarter moldings.

unfortunately they come 'primed' and must be painted to match your car.

now for the GOOD news: yes, you can get different 'inserts' for the quarter moldings. the FIAT Accessory brochure has a few different designs that are pretty cool.

IMO, I think the OE moldings, while being more expensive, look SO MUCH BETTER......:)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
The dealership says they're around C$240 for the pair.......
sounds about right. the prices I quoted above are for parts only. by the time you add labor along with paint and materials, you would be in that neighborhood.

yes, you can get 'cheaper' or inexpensive moldings, but I just don't think it would look as good. I'm considering putting them on my Sport with the black/white checkered "500" inserts on the quarters. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds about right. the prices I quoted above are for parts only. by the time you add labor along with paint and materials, you would be in that neighborhood.

yes, you can get 'cheaper' or inexpensive moldings, but I just don't think it would look as good. I'm considering putting them on my Sport with the black/white checkered "500" inserts on the quarters. :)
Thank you very much for this info. And I agree with you, I too like the OEM mouldings the best. I'm going to ask my tuning shop to order me a set, and will report back when it's done. :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
just a thought, you might want to consider having the moldings "wrapped" instead of painting them. paint would be more permanant but having them wrapped may be less expensive and give you way more options.....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
UPDATE:

Body Side Moldings ARE available in a FIAT Accessory Kit. PN 82212552 will need to be painted to match the vehicle, but this is the SAME as the Factory Lounge Moldings. List Price is $169.00. this price does NOT include any special 'inserts' that go on the quarter molding. there are a dozen or so different inserts. approximate List Price on the Insert Pkg (qty of 2) is $99.00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts