Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant figure out how to turn on the EQ option, its not available in the audio menu, y can only change 4 things and the manual says there should be a eq preset option, any idea how to display it?

·
Registered
453 Posts
That might be a feature of the stock stereo, not the Bose. The manual isn't very good at differentiating the two. For example, the stock head unit has an auto volume control based on interior noise/car speed, but the Bose does not.
I've only ever seen Base and Treble on my Bose unit, no preset EQ or other tone/EQ controls.
Heck, I can't even figure out how to fast forward through a song, only skip. Seems like a lazy omission, but whatevs. It sounds superb! :)}

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but the manual especifies that it hast a 7 channel eq, but its bad writte, first it says if you have eq off it will only display 4 options, if you want to enable eq you have to change preset (that option is not listed)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Like I said, the manual is bad. I still bet it's talking about the other (non Bose) stereo. But hey, I'd love to have some more EQ options, so if you figure it out, let us know! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said, the manual is bad. I still bet it's talking about the other (non Bose) stereo. But hey, I'd love to have some more EQ options, so if you figure it out, let us know! :)
Yeah, you might be right, in case the bose stereo doesnt have EQ then its the stupidiest stereo ive ever seen, specially when its supossed to be a hi-fi system.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, you might be right, in case the bose stereo doesnt have EQ then its the stupidiest stereo ive ever seen, specially when its supossed to be a hi-fi system.
I have to agree. There just really isn't a good way to tune the sound without modifying it.

I guess Fiat/Bose thought it sounded fine and you shouldn't be able to change anything.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Keep in mind this is the lower end and light weight Bose system, premium price tag, decent sound, sadly not what one would expect when you hear the name Bose, part of owning the Efficiency Series I suppose.

"The Bose system uses 50% less energy than systems with comparable audio performance. So, it contributes to the vehicle's overall energy efficiency while providing you with more of the clarity and emotion of a live musical performance."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep in mind this is the lower end and light weight Bose system, premium price tag, decent sound, sadly not what one would expect when you hear the name Bose, part of owning the Efficiency Series I suppose.

"The Bose system uses 50% less energy than systems with comparable audio performance. So, it contributes to the vehicle's overall energy efficiency while providing you with more of the clarity and emotion of a live musical performance."
I dont understand what you mean, the manual says it has presets and 7 band eq, but cant find it, you say the manual is wrong?

The bose audio is extraordinary, im sure you bought one without it, theres no car for this price or double with same quality and power.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I dont understand what you mean, the manual says it has presets and 7 band eq, but cant find it, you say the manual is wrong?

The bose audio is extraordinary, im sure you bought one without it, theres no car for this price or double with same quality and power.

I saw mention of the manual being wrong on several occasions so that is entirely possible, I have the Bose and I looked for the option without luck also, someone mentioned it may be on the non Bose system but I wouldn't know being that I do not own nor have I see a non Bose 500. I feel it is likely one of two situations is the case, EQ only on non Bose or yet another error in the manual. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts