Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first [small] windshield star yesterday while driving to the dealership to pick up my new plates. Woohoo... Thankfully Safelite Auto is coming to my house next weekend to fix it. Now here's my dilemma...

After the drive to the dealer I washed my car and noticed what a shoddy job they on my window tints. Before it wasn't so noticeable, like one bubble line, but now the tint is coming off the windows (btw, I only use Griot's window cleaner for tinted windows).

Now here's my question... Does it matter if I get my windshield chip fixed before I get my window tints redone? Like, will the crappy tint get stuck to the fixed chip or whatever? I'm wondering if I should tell them to not reinstall the tint, although it was "free." Maybe I could use it as leverage for a discount on racing stripes? How much do you think the dealer charges to put on window tints?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I would show them the bubbles in the tint and explain that this is not acceptable and tell them you want it redone.

my tint was done by a guy that I've used for over 20 years. can't even begin to count the number of cars/trucks he's done for me. he charged me $120.00 but its not ceramic. just 35% on the sides and back. no bubbles.....ever, from him. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts