Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys recently my brake fluid warning light came on and I checked it and it was low and the fluid was more of an amber color rather than clear. Is this indicating a leak? When I got new tires a few months ago they said my pads were low (2mm) so I am going to change out all the pads and rotors as well as do a fluid flush. I was just wondering if anyone knows the order to bleed the brake lines as well as anything I might need to know before starting. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Like any vehicle, you start at the farthest corner. Work yourself inward. Right rear, left rear, right front, finally the front left.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @smark I have another question as I have started the brake job and I am having serious trouble. I put new pads on my rear brake but now I can't seem to compress the caliper all the way back in to get it easily over the new pads. At first I tried a c clamp and realized that it wouldn't work so I got a rear disc tool that goes in my ratchet to twist it back in. Do I need to crack the brake bleed while doing this to make it easier? I've been spinning it forever and it doesn't seem to go in any further but comes out fine when I twist the opposite direction. It's about 1/4" from being able to fit over the new pads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts