Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake pedal has recently started to randomly not depress so that I can push the start button. I am having to use my remote starter when this happens. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong so I can talk to the garage about it? I’m a woman, so they quite often tell me nothing is wrong when I voice concerns over my vehicles. It has been quite hot this Summer here on the East Coast and I have been parking the car in the driveway versus the garage. Could this be a cause? Thank you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The vacuum pump for the Brake Booster is located on the Engine's cylinder head. It's creates a vacuum in the Brake Booster. I would expect the Brake Booster or line to it to have a check-valve to retain the vacuum when the vehicle is shut off. The vacuum would ensure the brake pedal is easy to push when you start it. If I had to guess, a leaky vacuum check-valve or a leaky brake booster. I live on the West Coast. I wish I were near you to take a look at your FIAT.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Don’t understand. Never heard of a start button. A key that you insert and turn—-yes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.