Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,992 Posts
Ya, just like any other electronic device like a phone (or gas car!), rebooting is always worth a shot.

This may seem strange at first, but check all the fluid levels: brake AND 2 coolants (batt & electronics). On a recent thread here, a charging failure was fixed by adding coolant. Our braking systems are linked to the batt/electronics via regen.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,992 Posts
Ya mine only did it ONE time in the VERY many free public charges I've done in over 3 years. It was "infected" by a very old* free public charger, & it was very easily fixed by 12V disconnect.

It might even have been fixed by stock charger connect (as another infection seemed to be*) but I hadn't thought of trying that until after I already fixed it.

* at one of the very first public chargers ever installed in my area.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I guess it must be the brake assist pump on mine too. Pressing the pedal a couple times while stopped makes it buzz.

Found this thread from 2015 so at least we're not alone. Apparently I haven't posted enough here to share links but the url is this website /forum/66-fiat-500e/84273-pulsing-vibration-when-brake-pedal.html
I think it's almost certainly the pump. I can reliably get the car to vibrate the pedal in park by just pumping up and down the break pedal hard a few times.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it's almost certainly the pump. I can reliably get the car to vibrate the pedal in park by just pumping up and down the break pedal hard a few times.
Most likely the pump. Had almost the same exact issue. Had dealer replace pump and the problem went away. Been fine for the past 2 years.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,992 Posts
Buzzing & slight vibration of the brake pump seem to be normal. I've noticed them every time I drive any 500e including brand new, at 30k miles, & many in between.

"ABS feeling" is not. Out of hundreds of free public charges, ONE time my Fiat was "infected" by my oldest local public charger: Suddenly, unlike the normal buzzing, it felt like ABS was being activated below 6mph, but it was permanently corrected by 30-second 12V disconnect.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Little buzz and vibration....Mine does it some times. TBH I've never been very worried about it, as I only feel it in the brake pedal at a complete stop. I have not noticed any difference in braking performance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a bit late to the party, yeah I had the issue for a few months after I had bought it, was talking with another 500e owner who did not have the issue, I bled brakes(had tons of air) and now the audible (buzzing/grumbling) and vibration is hardly noticeable now.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts