Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
I did exactly the same thing twice with the same result each time. When I dropped and cracked the original I immediately ordered a replacement from Amazon. Any evse with a J1772 handle will work just fine. The one I bought cost $175 at the time, about two years ago. It's rated at 16 amps. When I dropped the replacement I decided to try repairing it as the handle was in two halves, held together by screws. The plastic button/hook is what broke and I was able to epoxy it back together. It required a bit of filing and shaping as the glue job wasn't perfect, but after being reassembled it works fine. After my second time I decided head off a third by running the evse cable across the ceiling of the garage by hanging it on bicycle hooks and anchoring it to the hooks with cable ties. It hangs from the last hook, just above the floor, so even if I drop it I'm ok. I recently ran a 240 volt, 50 amp line to the garage, terminating at a 6-50 outlet. I use a 6-50 to 5-15 adapter to plug the same evse into and now charge from 10% to 100% in about 4 hours.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts