Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

91 freeway, August 2, 2013

FIAT 500 on fire after a crash....

My neighbor showed me picture of White Fiat 500 with huge flames coming out of it, he said he had crashed into another vehicle...It was sad to see, looked like the people got out and were safe.

Did anyone else see it?

Is the owner here on this blog?

Best of luck to the owner and I hope you are ok.

Question, are Fiats known to have any issues with fire after crashes?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Anything with a fuel tank is subject to becoming engulfed in flames and barbecuing its occupants but i don't know if the 500 is prone to lighting up any more than the average wheeled missile....be interesting to see the pics and if that's the case, after reading a couple other posts i installed a fire extinguisher just in case, i would of course let the car burn to the ground but i have a three year old daughter who is strapped in the back seat and its nice to know i had a little delay before anything got wicked

·
Registered
81 Posts
Anything with a fuel tank is subject to becoming engulfed in flames and barbecuing its occupants but i don't know if the 500 is prone to lighting up any more than the average wheeled missile....be interesting to see the pics and if that's the case, after reading a couple other posts i installed a fire extinguisher just in case, i would of course let the car burn to the ground but i have a three year old daughter who is strapped in the back seat and its nice to know i had a little delay before anything got wicked
Good idea. Where at on your car did you install the fire extinguisher?

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

91 freeway, August 2, 2013

FIAT 500 on fire after a crash....

My neighbor showed me picture of White Fiat 500 with huge flames coming out of it, he said he had crashed into another vehicle...It was sad to see, looked like the people got out and were safe.

Did anyone else see it?

Is the owner here on this blog?

Best of luck to the owner and I hope you are ok.

Question, are Fiats known to have any issues with fire after crashes?
yeah i also heard this from one of my friend that Fiat have this swear crash issue which will effect Fiat sales and now people leaving Fiat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
500e
No gas tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts