Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can tell me what the heck it is on the underside of my exterior passenger side mirror is a small black button looking thing that doesn't appear to do anything . Its only on the passenger side. Can someone tell me what this is.
Cheers

Colton

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm hoping someone can tell me what the heck it is on the underside of my exterior passenger side mirror is a small black button looking thing that doesn't appear to do anything . Its only on the passenger side. Can someone tell me what this is.
Cheers

Colton
Don't touch it!!!!! Pay no attention to the button under the mirror!!!!! (probably has something to do with a "snap-in" part......)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Cheers

Colton
I have always assumed it was the thermometer for the outside temps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It's the History Eraser Button.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Very creative responses. Thanks for my morning laughs!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Cheers

Colton
After some research, I have confirmed that it is a Temperature Sensor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes

The ambient air temperature sensor (2) is a variable resistor that monitors the air temperature outside of the vehicle. The Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) heating and A/C system uses the ambient temperature sensor data to maintain optimum cabin temperature levels. The ambient air temperature sensor is mounted inside the right outside rear view mirror (1) and protrudes from the bottom of the housing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts