Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much debating I think im going to try running 4x100's..I e-mailed tire rack but they dont really want to sell me just the bolts. Where can I get a set and what other hardware do I need?
Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Tulip City Wheels .com. I think they call them variation bolts or somthing. I've been running them for 5 mths now with no issues. You will also need the hub centering rings to center the wheel.

·
Registered
289 Posts
When the wife gets home with the car I will try to get that info from the tire rack invoice. I;m pretty sure it's on there. I will message it to you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
what size centering ring do I need to run a 16x7??
The ring depends on the center bore size of the new wheels. If you're trying to fit 4x100 wheels on a 4x98 car, you need 2mm rings because the hub is 2mm bigger, see? Nothing to do with the size of the wheel itself.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The ring depends on the center bore size of the new wheels. If you're trying to fit 4x100 wheels on a 4x98 car, you need 2mm rings because the hub is 2mm bigger, see? Nothing to do with the size of the wheel itself.
This is wrong. The ring fills the "gap" between the hub and the centre hole of the wheel. The size of the center ring is completely dependant on the size of the center hole of the wheel. Thats why rings have an inside and outside diameter. the in side diameter will reflect the cars hub diameter and the outside number will reflect the wheel hole size.
Our cars have a 58.1mm hub and require a wheel with at least that size center hole. Any larger and you would use a ring to fill the gap there by alowing the wheel to remain centered on the hub.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
This is wrong. The ring fills the "gap" between the hub and the centre hole of the wheel. The size of the center ring is completely dependant on the size of the center hole of the wheel. Thats why rings have an inside and outside diameter. the in side diameter will reflect the cars hub diameter and the outside number will reflect the wheel hole size.
Our cars have a 58.1mm hub and require a wheel with at least that size center hole. Any larger and you would use a ring to fill the gap there by alowing the wheel to remain centered on the hub.

this is accurate. It's only used to make up the space between the wheel's inner bore and the hub's outer diameter.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cant wait to see what wheels you guys are putting on your 500s.

thats probably the biggest reason I am considering 4x100's. Not many wheel choices for 4x98 so everyone ends up with the same wheels. At the end of the day though I just want the lightest wheels I can get and it looks like the OZ ultraleggeras are now a front runner. At 13.8 Lbs thats HUGE weight savings, considering every 1 LB of unsprung weight shed = 20 LBS of the total car weight

·
Registered
196 Posts
this is accurate. It's only used to make up the space between the wheel's inner bore and the hub's outer diameter.
How is that not exactly what I said? It's a ring of plastic that goes on the hub so the wheel will fit. The bigger the hole in the wheel, the bigger the plastic ring you'll need.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
thats probably the biggest reason I am considering 4x100's. Not many wheel choices for 4x98 so everyone ends up with the same wheels. At the end of the day though I just want the lightest wheels I can get and it looks like the OZ ultraleggeras are now a front runner. At 13.8 Lbs thats HUGE weight savings, considering every 1 LB of unsprung weight shed = 20 LBS of the total car weight
Seeing why I am so badly wanting them, love they are so lightweight, just waiting for spring time!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
These OZ wheels come in 4x98

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
do they? Tire rack and some other places have them listed at 4x100
I see the UltraLegerra's listed as 4 x 98 in both 16 and 17 inch on Tirerack.com.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
but if you read the important notes, it will state that they will use floating seat bolts and the wheels are 4x100. :(
Yeah, I see what you mean...that's deceptive to me. I'd tell you up front that they were 4 x 100 and then do the floating seat thing under the 'Important Notes' thing.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts