Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is, by popular demand... pics of the SMALL amount of work I have done on my new Fiat.

I started small because I didnt really have any idea where I wanted to go with it. Now I have more of a "vision", so I can post these and also give some idea as to future mods...

Started off with a base Pop with upgraded wheels - I wanted a clean slate to work with.

Lowered it... cause these cars just look better lowered:

Built a dual exhaust... cause ALL cars look better with true duals...
This required cutting the rear fascia to make room for the right tip.

Added an Injen CAI

Then, just because everywhere I looked, people were saying "you lose the use of the engine cover with the CAI", I built brackets so I could use the engine cover

Finally, I tinted the tail lights and the DRL/turnsignal lighs and the side marker lights and had the logos custom painted

Next up (which will be done in the next month) is airbrush the engine cover, paint the dash panels to match the emblems, custom decals and something for the interior (havent decided what yet)

So.... constructive criticism is welcome at this point.... as well as ideas - I am always open to ideas...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Very nice mods. Love the look of the dual exhaust. Not too sure about the engine cover though. Looks cool with it off, showing the intake tube. Just me though...keep the pics coming.

Jim

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would love to hear the exhaust and would you consider doing that for another 500.
its what I do for a living... so yes!
I cant figure out how to get an acceptable sound clip recorded and uploaded - and I have been trying... but you are in Garland, so if you wanted we could always meet up sometime so you could hear it from the outside and the inside.

I would actually LOVE to do this for the 500's. One of the things I am concentrating on with my car is keeping the mods I do "affordable".
(unlike my Charger where I have well over $30K done to it... or one of our other customers Charger who has well over $75K in it and its in the shop for another $10K worth of work.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do you have some info on the brackets for reuse of the engine cover?
it was REALLY easy...

I took 2 long bolts (6X1.0) and threaded the unthreaded ends. Used an appropriate coupler (which works well to adjust the height too) and ran new bolts from the top into the coupler (these are short - around 10mm long). The top of the valve cover already has unused holes in it which is why I positioned them where I did. 2 of the bolt heads you see are "dummies" to make it symmetrical.
I will be replacing the silver bolts and washers with black bolts and washers in about a week when the cover comes off.

When I take it all back off I can post some pics of the stands along with lengths and where I put everything.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that is correct...
building this to strongly promote the shop...

I will be putting "Scorpion Customz" on the car in a lot of places - engine cover, side decals, rear window...

·
Registered
124 Posts
it was REALLY easy...

I took 2 long bolts (6X1.0) and threaded the unthreaded ends. Used an appropriate coupler (which works well to adjust the height too) and ran new bolts from the top into the coupler (these are short - around 10mm long). The top of the valve cover already has unused holes in it which is why I positioned them where I did. 2 of the bolt heads you see are "dummies" to make it symmetrical.
I will be replacing the silver bolts and washers with black bolts and washers in about a week when the cover comes off.

When I take it all back off I can post some pics of the stands along with lengths and where I put everything.
That would be great! Id love to see some pics of how you did it. Sounds easy enough.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Needz moar cherry bombz

1 - 20 of 37 Posts