Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Unveiled recently at the Los Angeles Auto Show, Cadillac‘s Urban Luxury Concept (ULC) may lead to a production model in the future. At least that's the will of Niki Smart, one of the car's creators from GM's Advanced Studio design center in LA.

"The time is ripe for Cadillac to make this car," he said in an interview with AutoCar. "We need a bigger spread of models, particularly for Europe. The Mini's success is proof of people's open-mindedness."

Smart, best known for creating the Ariel Atom, now works for GM in LA and admits that while many of the components of the car could be brought to production, a sub-compact model is a stretch for the brand.

Bringing the ULC to market would help Cadillac in Europe and recent rumors have suggest Buick might even get a MINI-rival, with GM's European currently working on a new subcompact model, code named Junior, for the Opel and Vauxhall brands that will launch in 2013.

More: Cadillac Needs a MINI Rival Says Designer of Urban Luxury Concept on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
62 Posts
They could call it the Cadillac Cimarron and price it at $29999 and throw in fake burl wood accents and gold plated plastic trim at no extra charge. Options to include a touring package with a fake convertible top, white and gold white wall tires and rear trunk luggage rack (with fake burl wood trim) and will be about $8000 extra.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
They could call it the Cadillac Cimarron and price it at $29999 and throw in fake burl wood accents and gold plated plastic trim at no extra charge. Options to include a touring package with a fake convertible top, white and gold white wall tires and rear trunk luggage rack (with fake burl wood trim) and will be about $8000 extra.
Now that is funny.......I had a 1984 Cavilier I put 150K on. Great little family car. I debated with rebadging the car.......:)

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did not want to jinks it and say Aveo. But it does sound like they are testing the waters to see if there is any interest. It may fly in China but if it don't they could call it the Buick Electra S touring or something like that.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I did not want to jinks it and say Aveo. But it does sound like they are testing the waters to see if there is any interest. It may fly in China but if it don't they could call it the Buick Electra S touring or something like that.
Buick is the biggest seller for GM in China........;)

That is why GM kep the brand over Pontiac and Oldsmobile, and well there is Tiger Woods contract. Other than in a commercial can you see Tiger in a Buick?

That brings to mind a great line in the "The World According to Garp"

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts