Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here's my dilemma:

I want the smooth(er) ride of the Pop, with the interior of the Sport. My Studio says they can order the Pop with the Sport interior, but Fiat USA can't confirm it, and I ain't puttin' my money down until I'm sure. The other option would be to order the Sport, and get some 15" wheels to go on it.

My question is this:

Other than the bigger wheels (and lower profile tires), are there other differences in the Sport suspension (shocks, springs) that make it handle better but ride rougher?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
765 Posts
as a matter of fact, its exactly the difference)from all my understanding)...shock and springs...although I think the steering is also tuned slightly differently.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So, here's my dilemma:

I want the smooth(er) ride of the Pop, with the interior of the Sport. My Studio says they can order the Pop with the Sport interior, but Fiat USA can't confirm it, and I ain't puttin' my money down until I'm sure. The other option would be to order the Sport, and get some 15" wheels to go on it.

My question is this:

Other than the bigger wheels (and lower profile tires), are there other differences in the Sport suspension (shocks, springs) that make it handle better but ride rougher?

Thanks,
David
Don't know if it is in your budget but the Lounge with leather seats are the same as the Sport seats just with leather. How do I know I have a Sport and a Lounge. I prefer the ride of the Lounge which is like the Pop.

Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know if it is in your budget but the Lounge with leather seats are the same as the Sport seats just with leather. How do I know I have a Sport and a Lounge. I prefer the ride of the Lounge which is like the Pop.

Chris
Thanks, Chris. I forgot to mention I want a 5-speed, so the Lounge is off the short list. Went to visit the 'Studio' today. My salesman is new to car sales and has been there all of 2 weeks. He made his first sale today (not me). Last week, he told me I could get the Sport's seats in the Pop. Then he told me I could get the Lounge's seats in the Pop. Neither are true, so now his credibility is in the toilet with me. This is a rhetorical question, but why do car salesmen lie? If I want the nice interior, and a manual, I'll have to get the Sport and the ride is just to brittle. I love the Fiat, but I'm thinking about alternatives. Thankfully, I'm in no rush the pull the trigger on anything right now. This experience has put me off a bit.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I'm just putting a larger size tire on my Sport to soften the ride somewhat and to put more rubber between the rim and pavement. we have a lot of 'chuckholes/potholes' here in Indiana......:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm just putting a larger size tire on my Sport to soften the ride somewhat and to put more rubber between the rim and pavement. we have a lot of 'chuckholes/potholes' here in Indiana......:(
What size tire are you putting on? If you increase the overall diameter, you'll have speedometer issues, and maybe clearance issues??

Please post how it works out for you.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Lounge is an auto-only in the States.
Wow that sucks. Glad that's not the case in Canada, although not being able to order heated seats with a 5 speed is just as bad. I guess they figured only those that drive automatics freeze their butts off.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have a full lowered suspension in my other car and it rides very hard. Perhaps even harder than my friend's BMW Z4M on coilovers. My 500 Sport feels pillow soft in comparison. I've never driven a Pop or Lounge, I'd be interested in feeling the difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts