1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 2013 500e with two outstanding recalls:
S93 HV Degas VentPlugs
U69 FF HV Battery Software

All other recalls completed by former owners. What is a “Campaign” recall? Are these necessary/needed?

Software update sounds simple. But anyone know what’s involved for Degas Vents?

I ask because I removed the rear seats and hatch compartment. Fitted areas with plywood and carpet.

Thanks to you all. This is a wonderful forum.

·
Registered
119 Posts
U69 FF HV Battery Software is definitely needed. Before the recall, should your 12V battery fail, and if the car was not plugged in, the HV battery pack would turn on and the DC to DC charger would attempt to charge the bad 12V battery forever, resulting in the HV battery pack draining and eventually bricking.

·
Registered
972 Posts
A campaign recall is one the mfgr does voluntarily, one that isn't supposed to affect safety. In FCA's case, they will voluntarily recall some safety items, and call them campaign, before the NHTSA forces them to recall.

S93 HV Degas Vent Plugs is a customer service notification. The high voltage battery degas vent tape on your vehicle may delaminate. A delaminated degas vent tape patch may cause a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (“MIL”) to come on during vehicle operation and vehicle will experience a no-start condition.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver)
215 Posts
Does anyone know if 2017 models need those recalls? When i go to FCA site the link to check recalls on my vin is broken.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Does anyone know if 2017 models need those recalls? When i go to FCA site the link to check recalls on my vin is broken.
Hey, twinturboz. I'm sorry to hear the website isn't working. I'd be happy to check on my end. Send a private message with your VIN to start.

Kate
FiatCares

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver)
215 Posts
Hey, twinturboz. I'm sorry to hear the website isn't working. I'd be happy to check on my end. Send a private message with your VIN to start.

Kate
FiatCares

P Message sent

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Did you try the mopar.com site? That's where I see all the information on my car.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ah.... it is being sluggish today. It's been trying to log in for the last 5 minutes for me. That's one of 3 websites on my computer that are abnormally slow today. Several of their links are broken.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ah.... it is being sluggish today. It's been trying to log in for the last 5 minutes for me. That's one of 3 websites on my computer that are abnormally slow today. Several of their links are broken.
LOL billion dollar company cant get their s**t together.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help.

I too have had issues with no access to mopar site. I got my recall information from ‘My Fiat’ app.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I use Chrome... and the mopar.com site no longer works in it. Mopar's support blamed it on the browser, saying I need to use IE. You might give IE a try; I was able to log in with it.

Sloppy web design, IMO.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,548 Posts
Thanks for reminding me that when I checked above I was using Firefox. IE has been replaced on many systems with "Microsoft Edge". Either way, if you're having issues, make sure you have the latest version ("check for updates" or the like) & try multiple browsers on multiple devices (phone, laptop, tablet..).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts