Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 500T and want to put a Thule type roof bar at least on the front part of the 500's roof. I see the little hole in the roof side panel that my Audi and VW Golf R have and it looks exactly like the hole a Thule roof rack foot fits into on those other two cars. But I am not seeing anyone offer a foot for the 500 and yet it appears to be made for one. I really want to carry a kayak on the 500 and would use the single roof bar (if I can make one fit) in conjunction with a trailer hitch with a T-bar that would extend back and up to hold the tail of the yak.

Anyone see this done and does anyone know if some company makes a roof cross bar and foot for the front area of the 500's roof?

Thanks

Podge
Tomahawk, WI

·
Registered
98 Posts
No worries - You can easily fit two bars.
I do - both for kayak and for roof box.
You'll need a pair of bars - AFAIR they should be 118 cm - Wingbars are King !
Square bars are noisy buggers - the now de-comissioned Aerobars are better - but Wingbars are silent !
If You don't have the glass roff, go for foot pack 141611 - and fetes # 754. (There is another set for the glass roof - have even seen that set reported as possible fir the 500C !=.
And the trick is: use SRA 774 (Short Roof Adapter).
See Thule's on-line fit guide for how it works.
May look silly - but the bars are rock solid when mounted !

You couold of course go with the front bar alone - but You'll have to by most of the whole pack anyway as Thule does not sell either foot pak nor feet in sets of two - only sets of four.

A T-bar on the trailer hitch....I believe t wiill be very hard to give it enough sideways stabillity - the kayak will be swaying from side to side at the rear.

But above set-up is bomb proof - at least up to 130 with a roof box ;o)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries - You can easily fit two bars.
I do - both for kayak and for roof box.
You'll need a pair of bars - AFAIR they should be 118 cm - Wingbars are King !
Square bars are noisy buggers - the now de-comissioned Aerobars are better - but Wingbars are silent !
If You don't have the glass roff, go for foot pack 141611 - and fetes # 754. (There is another set for the glass roof - have even seen that set reported as possible fir the 500C !=.
And the trick is: use SRA 774 (Short Roof Adapter).
See Thule's on-line fit guide for how it works.
May look silly - but the bars are rock solid when mounted !

You couold of course go with the front bar alone - but You'll have to by most of the whole pack anyway as Thule does not sell either foot pak nor feet in sets of two - only sets of four.

A T-bar on the trailer hitch....I believe t wiill be very hard to give it enough sideways stabillity - the kayak will be swaying from side to side at the rear.

But above set-up is bomb proof - at least up to 130 with a roof box ;o)
Thanks, I did not see Thule offering parts for the 500 here in the USA but this will help.Much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts