Fiat 500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Alpine INE W960 Nav/dvd/cd/bluetooth/backup camera etc....I am stoked to get rid of blue and me and that tomtom. My steering wheel controls operate all the functions except phone dial command which I have to press a button on the head unit to activate....no big deal. There is no flashing speedometer problems either. My phone instantly connects when I start the car and the last mode I was using begins to play ie..podcast or my mp3's or the dvd. There was one return visit to the installer to fix the backup camera which would turn on when my transmission shifted from 4th to 5th. It was an easy fix said the installer. My only complaint was the expense which was almost $2,000.00 complete! Well worth it to me!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Alpine INE W960 Nav/dvd/cd/bluetooth/backup camera etc
Nice installation! I had glanced at your photo and just assumed it was of a 2016. However, this is the electric 500e subforum and almost all of us are on 3 year leases, and unwilling to sink money into the car.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Can the new 2016 500e Infotainment unit swap in to a 2015 500e? And what features does it have e.g. hard drive, Apple play etc?
You can download the 2016 UConnect manual here (and btw, manuals for any year here). Other than integrating navigation, the stereo function is very basic and doesn't seem to offer any new features at all -- essentially the same stereo but using a touch screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found the thickest (beige) eraser and attached it with a common wrist rubber band.
The iPhone (in its case) fits horizontally nicely, for better road viewing and access to the usb plug :)

IMG_9979.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear Tweak,
If you ride an Abarth, you may not be familiar with all EV gadgetry of a 500e, these lights being one of the Main and most important feedback for an EV owner. A question that you may be able to answer is - how much horse power does each fiat have ? 500, 500e, and the Abarth ?

Thanks,
Dani.

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Dear Tweak,
If you ride an Abarth, you may not be familiar with all EV gadgetry of a 500e, these lights being one of the Main and most important feedback for an EV owner. A question that you may be able to answer is - how much horse power does each fiat have ? 500, 500e, and the Abarth ?

Thanks,
Dani.
Had a Sport and now ab Abarth.

Pop, Sport, Lounge: 101 HP
500T 135HP
Abarth 160HP

Unsure on the 500e.

Also looks like rkw offered nice references. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Added the 500e, torque, 0-60, and quarter mile times to the list (0-60 and 1/4 mile from Car and Driver):

ModelHP
TQ
0-60
1/4 mile
Pop, Sport, Lounge101989.617.6
500T1351508.116.1
Abarth1601706.815.2
500e1111478.416.7

·
Registered
380 Posts
Added the 500e, torque, 0-60, and quarter mile times to the list (0-60 and 1/4 mile from Car and Driver):

ModelHPTQ0-601/4 mile
Pop, Sport, Lounge101989.617.6
500T1351508.116.1
Abarth1601706.815.2
500e1111478.416.7

I think that the 500e will beat the Abarth 0-30mph or 0-50 feet. Sounds silly, but in the real world it is FUN!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I made one using the end of a selfie stick and scraps in my garage.

Selfie stick phone holder
Fender washer
Hose
Rubber washer
Long screw (screws into the phone holder)

The hose is just big enough to get in the hole, and holds snugly to the edges. The spring on the TomTom cover wants to push it up and out, but it's not quite strong enough. The whole thing isn't perfect, but it works. And the rear camera is free to use as a dash-cam.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Happy that I stumbled upon this post. My TomTom Blue&Me has died. TomTom does not offer a repair service or a replacement unit that fits the docking port. I considered buying a replacement unit from ebay but reading some past posts I decided not too.
But I do like these solutions where I can just use my iPhone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, my first post here.

I have been looking for a solution of this myself. Imported a car (500e) from USA to Europe (Lithuania) just recently. I do not want to use the tomtom, because google maps have it all and update really fast. I have purchased this bike holder from eBay and used the front part with my original holder. Now I have 2 wires sticking out, which I have cut from the tomtom dock board. They measure 14.2V DC. So the next step is to get this step down to 5V and a short USB cable for iPhone and make this into a charging station. I really hope the step down board is tiny so it hides behind the plate.

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 19.47.57.png = IMG_6295.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Paulius you inspired me to do something similar. Like you I took apart the GPS mount, but then I paired it to a decapitated magnetic phone holder, similar to this one ($8) on Amazon).

1 start here.jpg 2 cut off.jpg 3 done.jpg

Some gorilla glue later, and voilà I have something that works for me :)
4 in car.jpg

21 - 40 of 54 Posts