Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I just changed the oil on my new-to-me 2017 Abarth. The oil service light wasn’t on, I just wanted to start my ownership knowing exact when the oil was changed. My question is can I “reset” the oil service timer/indicator system even though the indicater light was not on?
BTW this is a 2017 with the updated instrument display. Does the “push the gas pedal 3 times” procedure the correct way to reset the oil service indicator on my car? (All the videos I have seen show the older instrument display).
Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Hi all!
I just changed the oil on my new-to-me 2017 Abarth. The oil service light wasn’t on, I just wanted to start my ownership knowing exact when the oil was changed. My question is can I “reset” the oil service timer/indicator system even though the indicater light was not on?
BTW this is a 2017 with the updated instrument display. Does the “push the gas pedal 3 times” procedure the correct way to reset the oil service indicator on my car? (All the videos I have seen show the older instrument display).
Thanks for the help!!
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
FiatCares

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes it should reset it even without it being on in the first place. Reset your trip meter and change the oil then you will know exactly how long it has been since you changed the oil, and when the change oil light comes on check the distance traveled. Then let us know, so we know if you can reset it without it being tripped. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts