Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fiat Friends,

Been a member for a little while, but mostly lurk. I have been in touch with a dealer in Chicago (Fox Ford Lincoln on Michigan Ave.) and have a deposit on a white '12 Abarth that they have in stock. If any of you happen to have some spare time and can give the car an unbiased once over, I'd really appreciate it and would be willing to Paypal or snail mail a few bucks your way.

Here's some info on it:
'12 Abarth, 44,670 mi.
-white on black leather, 17" white forged
-auto climate and sunroof pkg

Would like some details on the tires/tread depth and undercarriage (any potential rust since it's been an IL car it's whole life) to be specific. If things check out, I'll be flying out next week but I don't want to fly out from Georgia on a whim, and I know dealers will tell me the car is fresh off the line perfect just to get me in the door. I've had the Abarth itch for forever! :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I be sure somebody will be able to help. Sure is far away to look for an Abarth. Hope you get a smoking Deal on the Car. Have you checked with a professional Service to look the Car over? Sometimes spending the extra $$$ can save your Wallet later. Good Luck and keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
A used ABARTH at a Ford dealer? My guess is the former owner traded it in for a Fiesta/Focus ST or a truck (more power). More than rust, I'd be concerned with what they tried on the ABARTH before they gave in to trading it. I think I'd rather not gamble and find a (closer to) local trade-in for a 2013.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already got warranty sorted out. it is still Italian, after all. :D

It was registered as a corporate car. I can only deduct so much from pictures, but it looks completely stock to me. Stock hilarious wheel gap, stock intake. Can't guarantee it was never tuned of course without plugging up to it but who knows.

She is determined to find one EXACTLY how she wants it. I'm personally just using it as an excuse for a nice little vacation. From New York originally, but I've never been to Chicago. Would be nice to check out another rival big city.

Utensils for pizza, though? We'll see about that. Hah

·
Registered
683 Posts
I bought my 2013 Sport from a Ford dealer in Tennessee. Flew down, got picked up at the airport, 45 minutes to dealer, purchased and drove it back. Previous owner supposedly wanted more power and bought a Mustang. Happy with car so far!

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Already got warranty sorted out. it is still Italian, after all. :D

It was registered as a corporate car. I can only deduct so much from pictures, but it looks completely stock to me. Stock hilarious wheel gap, stock intake. Can't guarantee it was never tuned of course without plugging up to it but who knows.

She is determined to find one EXACTLY how she wants it. I'm personally just using it as an excuse for a nice little vacation. From New York originally, but I've never been to Chicago. Would be nice to check out another rival big city.

Utensils for pizza, though? We'll see about that. Hah
Registered as a corporate car? It could have been used for the Track Experience. You'd definitely want that warranty to be bulletproof. Just saying.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Turano bakery here uses the 500, and I believe their's are white. They recently had a building explosion so maybe had to downsize their fleet.

I dont get into the city, nor do I think I would be your man to verify good condition. There are a few other members from the city that hopefully can help you. I am a half hour or so west.

Good luck. I flew to Stamford, CT to buy a plow truck off a forum. That turned out well, and worth the trip. Good luck with your trip and purchase if you go thru with it.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I assume this is her: http://foxfordchicago.net/Chicago/For-Sale/Used/Fiat/500/2012-Abarth-White-Car/35323787/

Dealer is only about 10-15 minutes from my casa so LMK.

FYI - I just picked up a 2014 with the following for 17,5k OTD in Dec

- 2,800 miles
- black
- 17's
- moonroof
- auto climate
- CAI
- turbo lights
- lowered
- full tints
- 3m wrap on front/mirrors
- mini attn
- and a few other appearance mods

Jeff
Yep. That's the one. They're willing to let it go for $10K even, taxes all in. It's not THE car and that's an end of it, but it's on the shopping list.

I know the miles are higher which is a little strange to me because most 2012s of other models in the class wouldn't have 44K be considered a lot of miles. Most of the '12 Abarths are hovering somewhere in the 20-25K mile range. Guess these are used more as city runabouts or second cars. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just wanted to update:

I didn't get a good vibe from the dealer harrassing me over the weekend about flying out to get the car, especially after I finally got some more high-res pictures out of them. I'm sure it wasn't THAT bad, but surface rust was already showing on several parts underneath the car. The tires were also down to the wearbars and that would've made for a squirrely ride back to Georgia if I had encountered any snow.

Instead, I opened the budget a little bit and bought the one I really wanted: red '13 Abarth with 7K miles up in Raleigh NC. Every option except the sunroof. Sh!t eating grin on my face since this past Tuesday, well worth the extra $3K. Thanks to those who said they'd go out and look at this one though, you guys are an awesome bunch.

Time to start getting more active on these forums since I'm back in the Fiat family!

-C

Reactions: amacento

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Just wanted to update:

I didn't get a good vibe from the dealer harrassing me over the weekend about flying out to get the car, especially after I finally got some more high-res pictures out of them. I'm sure it wasn't THAT bad, but surface rust was already showing on several parts underneath the car. The tires were also down to the wearbars and that would've made for a squirrely ride back to Georgia if I had encountered any snow.

Instead, I opened the budget a little bit and bought the one I really wanted: red '13 Abarth with 7K miles up in Raleigh NC. Every option except the sunroof. Sh!t eating grin on my face since this past Tuesday, well worth the extra $3K. Thanks to those who said they'd go out and look at this one though, you guys are an awesome bunch.

Time to start getting more active on these forums since I'm back in the Fiat family!

-C
Congrats! The Cary dealer is pretty easy to work with but I imagine you'll be dealing with one down in GA. Either way it is great you got what wanted and are already enjoying it a great deal. Let the modding begin...lol. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts