Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
As some might already know, i live in europe.
I already own a 500e, but im so happy with it, i want one for myself as well.
Now, with the purchase of the one we have, i made a decent deal.
Its hard to find one reasonably priced here, and in the past i imported some cars as well myself from the usa (Hence my nick; Dutchlincoln... :) ) so i'd like to do this again.

Is there someone on this forum that can find me a 2016 or 2017 500E with a very low milage, prestine condition, and a sunroof?
i'd like to import one myself.

If anyone interested, please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
2017 FIAT 500e
7 Posts
I'm not sure what's involved with an international deal, but I bought mine from a dealership online and had it shipped. Doesn't sound much different than your deal, except for the international bit. I had a local mechanic inspect it before purchase and arranged the deliver myself to save a few hundred bucks. You have the internet, try Cars. com and Carsforsale.com. If you can't get those in your country then use a VPN to get around the data blockade. No offense, but your proposition sounds kind of like a scam to me and I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. You can do this yourself and it's not hard. Since you say you've done this before, I'm not understanding the helpless act. Baffling.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, its typical american to pull the scam thing right away.. I really hate that. Use your brain befote shouting something stupid pls...

Reason i ask, is due the fact there are a lot of "dealers" everywhere that can (and probably will) rip you off if you are buying 5000 miles away.

The cars i imported were totally different from these; classic lincolns. If you buy a car from 30+ years old, nobody will note or care about a minor scratch or dent, especially in the 250-2000 usd range.
These 500e's are completely different from that.

Now the positive: I only knew craigslist and ebay, so these adresses are very welcome.
No problems in buying online, but i need a real and thrustworthy set of eyes at the car itself. This is my main concern actually.

In fact; if somebody knows a car, and bring me in contact with the seller, i am highly delighted to pay something for the actual inspection of the car itself. No need to buy it fi
rst, or lend me the money or something.

For your reference: Nigeria is NOT an european coutry.. Maybe thats where you were confused by...
But hey, after 4 posts, you already know everyone on this forum, right?

sigh...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Color isnt a big thing, but preferences are:
-ivory/pearl white
-Orange
-Grey/antrachite
-Silver blue (not the baby blue)

White interior would be nice. Recently saw a abarth with full leather red interior with white top: Amazing!!

·
Registered
2017 FIAT 500e
7 Posts
Well, its typical american to pull the scam thing right away.. I really hate that. Use your brain befote shouting something stupid pls...

Reason i ask, is due the fact there are a lot of "dealers" everywhere that can (and probably will) rip you off if you are buying 5000 miles away.

The cars i imported were totally different from these; classic lincolns. If you buy a car from 30+ years old, nobody will note or care about a minor scratch or dent, especially in the 250-2000 usd range.
These 500e's are completely different from that.

Now the positive: I only knew craigslist and ebay, so these adresses are very welcome.
No problems in buying online, but i need a real and thrustworthy set of eyes at the car itself. This is my main concern actually.

In fact; if somebody knows a car, and bring me in contact with the seller, i am highly delighted to pay something for the actual inspection of the car itself. No need to buy it fi
rst, or lend me the money or something.

For your reference: Nigeria is NOT an european coutry.. Maybe thats where you were confused by...
But hey, after 4 posts, you already know everyone on this forum, right?

sigh...
First, no need to get nasty. I was not shouting or accusing. Scams are a real thing in my country and requests for help with a purchase is how many scams start. Hate me for being cautious if you want, but I am for real and was actually trying to be helpful. Yes, here a short time and very few posts. You on the other hand have many more posts than days as a member. That's how a lot of people try to build credibility for whatever reason. Yeah, sure, you're a real regular on this site. If that's how you want to come across, that's all you. Finally, that Nigerian comment is borderline, if not patently, racist. I never brought your country into this but yet you chose to belittle mine and then cast Nigeria as the mother of all things scam. Not nice. I stand by my words in my first response and these are my last words on this subject. I wish you good luck with your quest for a 500e. Ciao!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks!

offerup is inaccessible...
Probably because im not a usa citizen i guess...
Time to try out a VPN to get around the country restrictions.

You guys are Left Hand drive, correct? Do you have a parts contact (dealership, whatever) that I can order some euro wiper arms from? The USA passenger side arm is mangled and bent looking; the euro arms sit flat. I don't know if I need just the passenger or both arms, but I'd like to sort that out...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am not certain, but I think 417 auto group has sold a lot of 500e's that needed to be shipped. They might be able to help you arrange for export.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys.
@vortex: what exactly do you need? i can drive by and stop at a local autopartsstore and see what they come up with? Picture maybe? Its a darn easy task to walk up to a regular 500 and take a picture over here. Based on licenseplate i can check anything. Will do tomorrow.

ps. Lefthand indeed. As far as i know theres only great britain, australia, and some african coutries rightnhand drive. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts

Euro Wiper arms

Euro wiper arms

Janky USA wiper arms

See how the USA Passenger side arm bends up weirdly?
It's the metal part I'm looking for, not the rubber blades.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,181 Posts
Carvana.com ships throughout the US, probably not to Europe, but maybe your own shipper can take it from them.
CarGurus.com is another good source for 500e. I generally prefer Cars.com because it will truly filter out unwanted model years. Gurus doesn't, but in the case of the 500e it doesn't matter as much, since all model years are nearly identical.

·
Registered
558 Posts
There are "export agent" businesses that handle purchasing and shipping items for international buyers. I Googled and found that some of them specialize in automobiles:

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
691 Posts
I bought my low miler for cheap back in February from STG auto group. They have multiple locations in different areas but their site can combine selections.

AS A WORD OF WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM ANY OF THE “AUTO EXCHANGE” OR “MOTORS DIRECT” OR ANY OF THEIR SUB NAMED AFFILIATES, THEY SELL ACCIDENTS DAMAGED CARS OR CARS WITH DEFECTS TOTALLY UNDISCLOSED FROM AUCTIONS,THE CARS ARE BASICALLY C GRADE CARS ANY LEVEL HEADED GOOD USED CAR MANAGEMENT WONT MESS WITH, WHEN I SHOPPED FOR MINE THEY HAD THE WORST DOCTORED CARS WITH OBVIOUS SHODDY REPAIRS AND HIDDEN ISSUES.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts