Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who pick up the car, how is the car drive on Highway? I once had a Smart car and it is not very good driving over 80mph, the car goes left and right and have to keep both hands on the steering wheel very scarely and I end up selling it.

On the other hand, the Mini I had can goes over 90mph easy and still feel stable and solid.

how's the 500 goes? I did a test drive at a local dealer but they don't let you take it on the highway, I only manage to go up 70mph for a few sec with 3 people in it... didn't get a sense on what it feel like if it goes higher..

I just want to see if I drive 85mph on the Fiat and still feel solid and stable and didn't worry about any wind pushing it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
For those who pick up the car, how is the car drive on Highway? I once had a Smart car and it is not very good driving over 80mph, the car goes left and right and have to keep both hands on the steering wheel very scarely and I end up selling it.

On the other hand, the Mini I had can goes over 90mph easy and still feel stable and solid.

how's the 500 goes? I did a test drive at a local dealer but they don't let you take it on the highway, I only manage to go up 70mph for a few sec with 3 people in it... didn't get a sense on what it feel like if it goes higher..

I just want to see if I drive 85mph on the Fiat and still feel solid and stable and didn't worry about any wind pushing it.

Thanks
Over 100 MPH here........highway driving is fine!

·
Registered
13 Posts
See, I don't understand this (Smart) and can lump Prius owners in here too; Everyone I see in either car usually is balls out running 70-80 mph+ on the highway. They're made for mpgs not race cars - how "green" that (lol) ? I'd expect the Smart to be wobbly at speed though with such short wheelbase, skinny front tires, high center of gravity, and RWD.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Built for comfort, not for speed

You're exactly right gotheframe. The Prius drivers I see on the highway don't seem to drive like environmentalists.

The speed demons should save up a little more and by a Lotus, last time I checked, the Elise is not much more than a Prius.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts