Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The small triangle fake window gasket is deteriorating in our front drivers side. Is it replaceable? 2017 500 Pop

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue on the passenger side mirror flag, I have contacted Fiat they are out of stock and do not expect it back in stock anytime soon. I’ve called dealerships, auto stores, checked EBay and OfferUp and even contacted auto dumps no one has any.
My question is do any of you think it’s possible to just replace the rubber seal instead of the whole piece? I’m just worried about water getting in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No you can't. It is molded into the part. It just pops off and the new one pops back in place. I changed both of mine in about 3 minutes. I don't think I even needed tools. The pieces were only about $10 each.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have any specific recommendations for particularly cheap parts. I look thru store.mopar.com and locate the part number then search the part number on line for the best deal. I also feel a loyalty to the Tucson Fiat dealership because their people have always been very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful when I need to research a part number. They are not rock bottom priced but they have never failed to locate a part number I have needed even when I wasn't sure what the piece was called. I order parts thru them all the time.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Did you ever maintain your car by spraying with a UV protectant regularly like Turtle Wax ICE clear spray wax or similar? Mine still looks new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts