Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 567 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the first allocation from my studio near Toronto. I was hoping to start a thread for Canadian customers in the hope we can pool any info/rumours that we have and updates as we get closer to getting the cars! I know there are a few of us here so lets see if we can stop each other throwing ourselves off the CN Tower in frustration at the wait and lack of official info!!!

Ill start with what little I know... I have VON for a "custom" order car (grigio over black leather, 17s, black mirror/stripe) and have been "told" the order is in and has a production schedule for early May. That is all....anyone else?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey i'm from windsor, i got a red with black cloth 16's cuz i want to buy the venom wheels,i was told around the end of july begining of augest.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have yet to order my Abarth, and plan to do so in the Fall. :)

I will not be ordering the "sport" seats or the 17" inch rim option, and instead will be picking up Abarth Corse seats and a lighter aftermarket set of rims next summer. :)

My local dealer has now supplied prices for optional features, if anyone here would like to know them, please let me know and I will post them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've had one on order since mid-Janruary. Last I heard from the dealer in Montreal was early June.
This is really getting the best of me as I have a lease that has been extended several times already, and now I have no choice but to return the car mid-May.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My dealer from the GTA talked to a FIAT rep at charity function last week and was told the Abarth production is sold out for this year and halfway through next year. Also the Abarth was 200% more popular than Fiat had anticipated it would be. This has hurt the supply chain in the build process as they now need 3 to 4 times the parts from different manufactures for all the different components that they did not expect to need. I have also heard that they are only bringing 300 to Canada this year. I am in the first allocation for my studio so lets hope they start building them..My dealer hasn't given me a time because they honestly don't know.. they have been left in the dark as much as we are.. If you were lucky enough or rich enough (heard people bought them for $40,000) to buy the dealer demo, then you should be getting it the last week of April

·
Registered
582 Posts
So the adventrure begins!! I received an email from my sales rep today and I have a VIN and VON for my "custom" Abarth. He doesn't have a build date but based on some codes he says could be 3-5 weeks before it hits production.

Hey Fidgell, interesting that we both got our VONs the same day...did you order from Maranello?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The allocation for Canada is only 300 units. The allocation is sold out for this year and much of next year. Placed my order a long time ago. I have my VIN and VON. Car is build and scheduled to be shipped tomorrow. I expect it sometime late April early May. The Abarth is Black and fully loaded.

yul

·
Registered
471 Posts
The allocation for Canada is only 300 units. The allocation is sold out for this year and much of next year. Placed my order a long time ago. I have my VIN and VON. Car is build and scheduled to be shipped tomorrow. I expect it sometime late April early May. The Abarth is Black and fully loaded.

yul
Did you get the Dealer demo Yul? Also where are you located? The only Canadian orders i have heard of that are almost ready to go are the dealer demos and a few people on the West Coast

·
Registered
650 Posts
DOH! That would suck, weren't you looking to order in the fall?
Yes, I was hoping to have it (or order it) in time for November (my birthday month). :( I knew it would be impossible to acquire one close to release, but I did not consider a point in time later in the year to be out of the question.

Well, I guess we'll see what happens. I'm not sure how it works in the car market, but I know in many other industries, supply is only limited initially to strategically maximize/drive up sales. I'd find it surprising if they turned away potential customers on the basis of having them wait nearly two years for their product. While I appreciate the information, I don't always accept for fact what I've heard or what I've been told.

Worst case scenario, more time to put aside funds and purchase desired upgrades and modifications. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Corraus, not really sure....it probably is the dealer demo. With the lack of info about the Canadian Abarth program we are all relying rumors and gossip for now. I am in the Montreal area.

yul

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah Maranello for me. Not got my VIN yet though, and obviously cant track it anyway so probably not an issue. They tell me I am definitely in the first Canadian allocation and they are getting 4 cars in that. I believe anyone wanting one and not already in the system will have to wait until early next year now!!! Fiat are certainly limiting the numbers....and the information! Im hopeful the car will outway the crappy service and exchange of information from Fiat!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a VIN...Yippee. No dates but its a start! Now all we need is TRACKING FIAT!!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All I can suggest is do what I did...Hound the dealer for info regularly. If you have a VON you ARE in the system. Check that you are definitely in the 1st allocation of cars for that dealer (or the wait will be quite extensive). If you bought the demo itll be with you in a matter of weeks. Firstly though you need to know where you are in the line, then a VIN should be forthcoming VERY soon...but the allocation for that dealership is initially paramount. Sadly, I think Fiat will lose customers unless they vastly increase numbers, a couple of hundred wont keep folk waiting upto a year for their cars, especially with the likes of the Focus ST coming end of August/start of September!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was again at the deal yesterday, I have a VON but no VIN.
Their demo is scheduled to arrive in Montreal on 23rd April, and should be in the showroom one week later. Apparently all Montreal dealers will be taking delivery at the same time to stir up a small media event; I guess they want their photo taken with a bunch of Abarths.
I am in the 1st allocation, along with 4 others, we just don't know the production schedule.

1 - 20 of 567 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.