Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fiat500e has a cracked windshield since last summer.
Safelight autoglass ordered a new windshield from Fiat, at first due to arrive in October, then December, and now they are saying February.
Apparently, FIAT does not have any available 500e windshields in the U.S. and having to back order from Europe?
Has anyone else experienced difficulty getting a new windshield from Fiat?

Safelight autoglass has told me that aftermarket windshields do not properly fit the 500E, and thus we are at the mercy of getting a new one from the factory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings. I purchased a 2014 500 GQ (love it! my second Fiat) last January from a dealer. To sweeten the deal the dealer generously said he’d replace the windshield (heavily pitted-was a commuter car from Denver). I am STILL waiting for a windshield. Apparently there are hardly any back stock windshields. I was told a year ago that I’m number 25 on a waiting list.

I’ve sort of resigned myself that its never going to happen.

?‍♂

·
Registered
437 Posts
When my 500e windshield got cracked, and I could not find a 500e windshield replacement anywhere, I had a glass shop obtain and install a regular gas engine Fiat 500 windshield. It fit perfectly. It was less expensive and plenty in stock.
I cannot understand why Fiat would place an acoustic windshield in the 500e? It seems to make total sense that the windshield from any 500 would fit the 500e. Acoustic windshields are a bit overblown anyway....

·
Registered
561 Posts
I cannot understand why Fiat would place an acoustic windshield in the 500e? It seems to make total sense that the windshield from any 500 would fit the 500e. Acoustic windshields are a bit overblown anyway....
Engineers added various improvements when they discovered that noises and vibrations which are masked by a gas engine become annoying in a quiet electric vehicle. Parts availability has been a failure, but they were trying to design a better vehicle.

https://www.allpar.com/cars/adopted/fiat/500e.html

Engineers developed a new noise, vibration and harshness package as well, in addition to cutting wind noise through aerodynamic improvements, the electrified Cinquecento has extra sound insulation on the floor, in the rear quarter of the body, in the wheelhouse liners, behind the rear seats, and in the front door. There are also new mirror flag and B-pillar foam seals, a new gasket between the mirror flag and door, a new straked antenna, a new carpet mass layer, and a new isolated engine torque mount. The glass has been upgraded with better belt and channel sealing, and new acoustic windshield glass.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Engineers added various improvements when they discovered that noises and vibrations which are masked by a gas engine become annoying in a quiet electric vehicle. Parts availability has been a failure, but they were trying to design a better vehicle.

https://www.allpar.com/cars/adopted/fiat/500e.html

Engineers developed a new noise, vibration and harshness package as well, in addition to cutting wind noise through aerodynamic improvements, the electrified Cinquecento has extra sound insulation on the floor, in the rear quarter of the body, in the wheelhouse liners, behind the rear seats, and in the front door. There are also new mirror flag and B-pillar foam seals, a new gasket between the mirror flag and door, a new straked antenna, a new carpet mass layer, and a new isolated engine torque mount. The glass has been upgraded with better belt and channel sealing, and new acoustic windshield glass.
I agree, anything a manufacturer can do to quiet a car and make the drive more enjoyable I am all for. I have acoustic windshields in my 2017 124 Spider and my 2018 Dodge Charger. I really think they are a bit "overblown" when you consider the price difference between an acoustic and non-acoustic windshield.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all, have a fiat 500e with a cracked windshield and searhing for the alternative but glass workshops keep telling me ICE 500 has different size windshied.
Can someone confirm from what model ICE 500 exactly will the windshield fit the 500e!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To close out this issue, the part number ordered for my Fiat500E was: 68192043AA. It has taken me 1 year and a half to get the windshield! The dealer kept saying the estimated time was it will arrive in 2 months, but that never happens. I contacted Fiat Advanced Concept Engineering, and they confirmed that a 500 Windshield will fit in the 500E, same upper body, but will be noisier. (The only issue with that, is autoglass company hesitant to order a different windshield without official confirmation of another part number that will fit, would require fiat parts confirmation).

Engineering also recommended that I submit a CARE request to the corporate level at Chrysler:From: US Customer Care [mailto:[email protected]] as that will get you in the system and add pressure to the part acquisition process. After submitting the CARE request, I finally got the correct windshield for the 500E in less than 2 months.

Moral of the story: Any time you have issues getting a part through the dealer, also try going direct to Chysler to submit a CARE request. I was very pleased as they were in regular contact with me, and was able to bump up my priority to finally obtain my windshield!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts