Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a Fiat dealership in the U.S. I'm not sure if Fiat's from other countries have USB inputs. The current U.S. ones do.

One of the things I tested was the USB and auxiliary inputs found in the glove box. When I play MP3 files from the flash drive, I can skip to the next song but I can't fast forward or rewind the song itself.

Has anyone else noticed that?

It's not that big a deal to me since I can use my MP3 player with my auxiliary cable and use fast forward if I need to. Maybe get a flat MP3 player with a screen and velcro it onto the dashboard if I get a Fiat.

I figure the Fiat radio or whatever it is can't fast forward or rewind MP3 song files because it's not quite like a media player program on a computer. Maybe it's not equipped to work with MP3 files with different bitrates or something. Maybe the makers were only able to get playback and file selection back and forth. Would that be the case here?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Playback with the 500 is limited in some ways and it seems most have found the best method of control utilizes playlists, beyond that some seemingly apparent functionality is not an option. There are many posts regarding USB and media player quirks and problems if you would like to see some of them, some are not too bad some are crazy annoying, do a search for more information and you'll be rather shocked how much has been discussed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did see some post threads about the USB feature and some discussion about things like song skipping. Either here or another forum. I didn't find anything specifically for using fast forward and rewind with a flash drive though.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
As in move to the next or previous song?
Yes, from what I found this is the case at least. Other issues resulted in my removal of the USB drive to avoid the problems and frustrations. Mine would jump to the USB from either radio or Satellite usually at startup and often times randomly as I am driving as well.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I was gonna say, if you know of a way to FF or RW *anything*, please fill us in. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't mean FF or RW as in a cassette or video tape. Maybe better words would be skip and seek. I was able to skip songs with the flash drive but not seek within each song. When playing a song, it had to be from the start of the song. I couldn't seek to the middle of the song if I wanted to. Or if there's a way, I couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
453 Posts
semantics. FF/RW = seek. Whatever you call it, I've not found a way to do it, even on an audio CD.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't even do it on an audio CD? Oh geeze, that's not good. I should have brought an audio CD with me when I went for a test drive. I meant to but forgot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts