Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured since I am still modding CaptnSlo I might as well make one of these so you all can view the progress and get inspiration to build a car like mine or post a Build thread yourself. Basically the car started off completely stock and since then (8 months of owning) has had 10+ mods added to the vehicle. I am a person who likes even numbers and like modifications that actually serve a purpose and do something. All Go and little show for this guy haha. Anyways my funds for the car are low right now so I have taken a break on mods for the moment. Here is a list of the mods currently done and what the future plans will look like. Enjoy!

The Power:

Currently:
1. Neu-F exhaust system. (axelback with no muffler)
2. MM ECU venom tuned.
3. 500 madness super stock intake kit. (Red with BMC air filter)

Future:
1. MPX TB.
2. Forge or Sila FMIC.

For handling:

Currently:
1. 500 madness upper brace bar.
2. Neu-F rear torsion bar.

Future:
1. DNA Front subframe tie rod.
2. DNA Rear chassis bar. (Hopefully madness will get these in stock for NA)
3.Slotted and Drilled rotors. (No names)

For looks:

Currently:
1. Black painted front and rear emblem trim.
2. Lighting upgrade like Amber DRLS, PIAA yellow fog bulbs, and white out rear turn signals. (No yoke look)
3. CS stubby.
4. 20% tint all around.
5. DIY rear wipper delete.
6. 500 madness interior light kit.
7. Abarth V1 shift knob by black. (Red and overpriced)

Future:
1. RA flaps.
2. Abarth pedal kit by black. (cuz it looks sexy)
3. 500 madness rear seat delete kit. (I don't have children nor to I need or want them)

Well that is my list of mods that are done and will be done within this year. I will be taking more pics of the car as well as do mini reviews on the new products that I will be receiving to keep this build going. The pics I have posted are just filler and more will be on the way I PROMISE!

DSCN4726.jpg
DSCN4727.jpg
DSCN4728.jpg
DSCN4730.jpg
DSCN4731.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on the build thread! I got these new rotors from Ebay which I dont tend to buy car parts off of ebay because 9 times out of 10 they are cheap chinese junk that never fit. BUT these rotors arrived all packed up perfectly and fit like a dream. I mainly wanted slotted and drilled rotors to give it better breaking and better looks. I didn't want to spend over $500 on brakes so brembo and the rest where out. I decided to try ebay and got lucky for once in my life. The finish is epic and they fit like they should. The company I ordered these from is called Brakenetic and they cost me $285 for both front and rear.

DSCN4734.jpg
DSCN4738.jpg
DSCN4739.jpg
DSCN4744.jpg

Up next is the RA flaps that I ordered as well as the DNA front subframe bar for the car. Again I will take more pics and do a little review on them. Enjoy!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like those Rotors, I've read that the slotted rotors sometimes cause more break dust. Let me know if thats a bigger issue now that they're on. I'd like to do some rotor upgrade actions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another update for the build thread! I recently purchased from 500 madness my DNA front under brace bar and have finally installed it. I want my car on rails and this I feel like was a great addition for the rail build. It was at a good price as well as super easy to install and did NOT require the skip plate to be removed permanently. The finish was top notch and it weighed about a pound. Here is the comparison to the old bar and where it sits on the car. ALSO I did put the skid plate back on over it after the picture was taken. Enjoy!

DSCN4748.jpg
DSCN4752.jpg
DSCN4754.jpg

The only con to this piece is that there is no hole or slit for the oil to go when doing an oil change so you will have to either get the bar dirty with oil when you do a change or take the bar off. BUT other than that the bar is perfect and again Madness is the best! Thanks Joseph! :D Up next is RA flaps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another update to the build thread! Up this time is my RA flaps! I was skeptical at first about how these would look on my Abarth but after seeing them though on other abarths as well as reviews made me more comfortable about my purchase. I bought them not only for looks but for them to protect my sides and rear from the debris and water that cover the roads around here. The install was fairly quick like everyone says the fronts are super easy while the rears you WILL have to remove the wheels. Cost and quality are really good and I am very impressed. Here are some pics of the before and after as well as some random shots. Enjoy!

DSCN4755.jpg
DSCN4756.jpg
DSCN4757.jpg
DSCN4758.jpg
DSCN4759.jpg

The fit is good and I like it. Haven't road tested them yet but I can imagine they won't fly off hopefully. Up next is the DNA rear chassis brace whenever madness decides release it. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm getting ready to start my build in July. The MM ECU you mentioned, where did purchase from and what kind of cost are we looking at? I'm trying to decide whether to buy an ECU tuned or just do a remap of the current. I'm new, so if that sounded ignorant, it was lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm getting ready to start my build in July. The MM ECU you mentioned, where did purchase from and what kind of cost are we looking at? I'm trying to decide whether to buy an ECU tuned or just do a remap of the current. I'm new, so if that sounded ignorant, it was lol.
Welcome! Finally more builds for this site its like the one thing this site lacks is build threads. Anyways I got the ECU from 500 madness and the price was $700 even if you call them and tell them you are a member on here they give you a discount and free shipping as well bringing the total from $720+ to $700. I bought mine with no remote because it basically useless and is an extra $100. When you buy the ECU madness will go ahead and tune it for you to the "race" mode setting which is what you want trust me. Race basically adds anywhere between 20 to 30 more Hp depending on your current mods and tune. Is it worth it though for $700? I believe it is because it easy to install and once it is installed there is an instant power increase that you will deff. feel I promise you that. Also I have had mine installed now for 5,000 miles and no cels or problems whatsoever. Get ready to hold onto that steering wheel the first time you go full throttle tho. But there are plenty more choices out there now for ECUs so it really up to you. If you want something you know was made for the car and is easy to install and requirers no tune from start to end then go with MM ECU.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Awesome, that's very helpful information. I'm still learning so any explanations are always appreciated. The ECU can be updated with a higher stage tune later, yes?

·
Registered
40 Posts
And would you happen to know the air/fuel ratio?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And would you happen to know the air/fuel ratio?
Im sure someone on the forum can help you with the air/fuel ratio because honestly I don't know. But from what I have heard and been told the ECU can be tuned to work with mods you have now on the car or will be getting later on. I will be taking my car to a dyno as well as a tuning shop to get the ECU tuned on 93 so I believe high tuning on this unit is possible but how far can you go I really don't know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WELL I am back after being gone for like a month and have some more mods to show off and talk about. My modding of my beloved Fiat is coming to an end as I am putting the finishing touches on it for completion. Some mods and tweaks have been added to the car since the last update. So here we go...

1. Forge BOVplate. No pictures because you can't see it anyways. Basically I bought this mod for one purpose and that was the sound it makes when dumping the boost between shifts. It sounds amazing like everyone says and I would highly recommend this product. Ordered from madness and received it on time and for a good price. Product was VERY well machined and easy to install. Well easy to install if you have woman hands like I do. Just make sure when installing this mod you do it the right way the first time as I installed it backwards so the sound was more muffled. You buy this for the sound not the looks. Highly recommend this product!

2. This was one of those tweaks and that was the zonkers leveling mod. Needs no description just look at the pics. THANK YOU to swanky-bubbles for them!

3. Madness leather trunk strap pulldown. Don't know if thats the correct name for it but this leather strap is soooooooo much better in every way than that cheapy stock one they give you. Looks great and you can actually see and use it.

4. Madness floor mat set. Good upgrade over the stock abarth ones. Looks good and feels good too. Includes the front set, rear set, and trunk mat. Tips for the install: the front and rear ones can be installed with ease it is the trunk one you will have to do some work on. If you have the Beats sub this trunk mat is useless, even with the stock amp or whatever it is in the other corner of the trunk you will have to take the plastic piece off and shove the mat under it and push down on the plastic piece to make it flush. BE CAREFUL NOT TO PUSH TO HARD as this will break or bend the plastic cover to the amp.

Pictures of the products:

DSCN4816.jpg
DSCN4817.jpg
DSCN4819.jpg
DSCN4820.jpg
DSCN4822.jpg

Well like I said above I am about 5 little mods and tweaks away from completion of the car. Here is what is left to do still.

1. Paint the front and rear emblems piano black.
2. LED reverse lights.
3. Madness custom rear chassis brace for the interior. NO REMOVAL OF THE REAR SEATS!
4. Custom tune by FORZA.
5. Custom license plate. Either CAPTNSLO or Mr. Slow.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Very nice man, keep it coming. Looks amazing.Why no removal of the rear seats? Just curious, if you plan on having passengers then I completely understand, but if not; it's a great way to save 50 pounds!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, i got a chance to meet CAPNSLO at a show today. The car looks awesome and sounds great, very cool young man. I think he's going to do the Dragon in the fall and/or in the spring. All in all, awesome build, keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts