Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just took delivery of my Bianco Sport yesterday and I'm loving it.
I've pretty much got it figured out except for the alarm.

I had the alarm system option added, and when I lock the car it honks, which from reading other threads I gather means they actual did install it, but I can't seem to set it off.

I lock it, wait a few seconds then pull the handle a couple times and nothing, not even a chirp. So my question is this; am I just a Fiat noob and not arming the thing correctly, or is it possible it's just busted and a trip to the dealership is in order?

Thanks for any help or insight.

D.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
its like any stock system alarm, you have to actually open the door while its armed and locked, ie : break a window and pull the inside handle for it to go off. i'm not sure you wanna try this though :) the other option to try is to arm the car while you're inside and then open the door manually.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its like any stock system alarm, you have to actually open the door while its armed and locked, ie : break a window and pull the inside handle for it to go off. i'm not sure you wanna try this though :) the other option to try is to arm the car while you're inside and then open the door manually.
I just locked myself inside with the keyfob and tried to exit. It worked. :D

I feel better now, as well as a little dumb. :rolleyes:

D.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yep. Thats how to test it. Also you will notice that when you start the car after a "break in attempt" the insturment pannel has a special light to warn you, and also displays the message "break in attempt" which is great because then you will know of any foiled break in attempt.

·
Registered
614 Posts
yep. Thats how to test it. Also you will notice that when you start the car after a "break in attempt" the insturment pannel has a special light to warn you, and also displays the message "break in attempt" which is great because then you will know of any foiled break in attempt.
Or busted your son/daughter trying to sneak the car out after you've gone to bed.

Not like I have ever done anything like that before. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
The alarm is standard equipment on the Lounge. Lock the car using the key fob, but with the window open. Then reach in and pull the door handle. You will know rather quickly if your Fiat is equipped with a theft alarm.

·
Registered
24 Posts
also, my alarm will go off if I unlock the trunk and open it without unlocking the doors first (which seems to activate/deactivate the alarm)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts