Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
i would put one on mine. just because i plan on tracking mine and racing mine. unless you modify the rest of the car to match the look it wont look proper.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That wing is NASTY. *Yuck*
I think the carbon hood can still look classy with the right mods.
On my white 500 was thinking carbon hood, carbon mirror covers, dark wheels, and the carbon dash instead of white. It will look better with my ivory and red interior. The white seems really mismatched sitting right next to the ivory vents...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Sure, if I had money.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If our hood was made out of stone, yes, but it's already light. I bet you save more weight taking off the head rests in the rear.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
OUr hood is NOT light, something like 35 pounds.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The question I put to wings like that are, can you sit on it.

Typical answer is NO. Then I ask, then how much downforce do you think it makes? Can't be much if it won't support sitting on it.

Same with splitters. If I can't stand on it, it isn't doing a lot of good. :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The question I put to wings like that are, can you sit on it.
Typical answer is NO. Then I ask, then how much downforce do you think it makes? Can't be much if it won't support sitting on it.
Same with splitters. If I can't stand on it, it isn't doing a lot of good. :)
That's exactly how I think of it. The difference is so little, that unless you're in a big money drag race where tenths or a hundredth of a second Could Maybe Possibly make a difference. Then it is pointless. And even then near pointless. The only do so because such money is on the line.... Money makes people do silly things.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Pogea Racing is in process of coming out with carbon fibre hoods; Rob at Road Race also made mention of a hood in the works.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That's exactly how I think of it. The difference is so little, that unless you're in a big money drag race where tenths or a hundredth of a second Could Maybe Possibly make a difference. Then it is pointless. And even then near pointless. The only do so because such money is on the line.... Money makes people do silly things.
A PROPER wing, can make a lot of difference. It is that most wings are not proper.

Not properly in the airflow. Not mounted in a way to actually transfer any downforce to the car properly. Not designed to actually take significant downforce loads.

The ones I really love are the ones where the wing mounts to the middle of the trunk lid. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts