Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have recently bought a 2017 fiat 500 S which was advertised by the dealer as having Apple CarPlay (which was one of the deciding factors between this and a different car) now I have kicked up the car it seems that it doesn’t actually have CarPlay. I have connected via Bluetooth and tried connecting to CarPlay using my iPhone 12 Pro via usb and the voice control button but it doesn’t seem to be an option ( and I can’t find it in the manual). Does anyone know if this car is supposed to have CarPlay and if so what I can do to get it working before I call the dealership?

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Here in NA, Apple car play, and Android auto. were never offered on the small 500. You might check with your Fiat dealership. A European Fiat forum, might be better to post the sound system issue.

sorry Can’t help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have recently bought a 2017 fiat 500 S which was advertised by the dealer as having Apple CarPlay (which was one of the deciding factors between this and a different car) now I have kicked up the car it seems that it doesn’t actually have CarPlay. I have connected via Bluetooth and tried connecting to CarPlay using my iPhone 12 Pro via usb and the voice control button but it doesn’t seem to be an option ( and I can’t find it in the manual). Does anyone know if this car is supposed to have CarPlay and if so what I can do to get it working before I call the dealership?
My daughter has the same problem. She bought a 2017 Fiat 500 recently which was advertised as having CarPlay. But it doesn’t. I looked at loads of YouTube videos and Safari and no one had the answer. Eventually I rang the local Fiat dealer. After asking for the car registration they looked it up and said as the radio only had a 5” screen it did not have CarPlay. So I went on the dealers website who she bought it from and there some models with a bigger screen so I presume these to have CarPlay. But any with the small screen are still saying they have CarPlay. We have emailed them and they are looking into some sort of refund. You can get upgrade radios (see eBay) from £150 to £650 excluding fitting. Hope this helps. she’s hoping to get enough for the more expensive one as it looks most like the original and has a rear view camera!

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Welcome to the forum here. Like I mentioned before. Apple car play, and Android auto. Where never offered here. On any small 500’s in North America. The European market where you’re located. There were versions of the 500, called the mirrored Model. That offered those features. With a 7” display.

I would just look into aftermarket units where you at. You might look in to a salvage 500 with that.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
can I ask if you ever sorted this out? As I have exactly the same issue, and now my car now won’t allow Bluetooth after months of having it and me now trying to reset the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts