Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question: I'm trying to rotate the front wheels to the back for rotation purposes, yet I can't remove the wheel after undressing the lug nuts... so my question is =
is there a locking mechanism that comes from the factory on the wheel that's not necessarily locking lug nuts but it locks the entire wheel located on the center of the wheel?
In other words... why the **** can't I get the front left wheel off like a normal fkn car

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quick question: I'm trying to rotate the front wheels to the back for rotation purposes, yet I can't remove the wheel after undressing the lug nuts... so my question is =
is there a locking mechanism that comes from the factory on the wheel that's not necessarily locking lug nuts but it locks the entire wheel located on the center of the wheel?
In other words... why the **** can't I get the front left wheel off like a normal fkn car
First time I attempted to remove wheels on a (15K) 2012 Volvo C30 I experienced the same problem. Your wheel has seized to the hub if I’m not mistaken. I took a sledge hammer and whacked the tire rubber (hard) from inside the wheel. It broke loose after a few hard licks.
Feels like a major problem when first encountering it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree with Lower. If you took all the lugbolts off, then the only thing holding the wheel on is rust. Make SURE the car is supported well, and kick the **** out of the tire, on opposing sides - a few times. If it doesn't loosen, you're not kicking hard enough!

·
Registered
12,662 Posts
Take a rubber mallet to the tire. Pound on it. The alloy wheel is stuck to hub. dissimilar metal corrosion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts