Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering changing radios in my 2017 - 500 Pop, currently has a very plain radio and i would like to have one with Navigation and Rear view camera, is this something anyone has done ? If so how big of a job is it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. I watched a utube video and it looks not too bad. I have a 2017 Pop and got a 2017 Abarth radio with GPS that is supposed to come with the security code. I called the dealer and they ran my VIN and said my current antenna is GPS even though it was not a GPS unit in the car. Apparently that was what happened for the 2017 radio change with uconnect. As far as I can tell the Abarth radio has no way to add a camera for 2017.

·
Registered
12,609 Posts
I wonder what it would take to get a 2018 rear camera. Which is in the rear hood trunk release/license plate lamp. Install it to a after market radio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Considering changing radios in my 2017 - 500 Pop, currently has a very plain radio and i would like to have one with Navigation and Rear view camera, is this something anyone has done ? If so how big of a job is it?
Did you ever persue this? I too would like to swap out a 2017 for a 2018/2019 to get rear-view camera option as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My '16 500 has no sat nav - I use my phone instead.
Our '14 Renault Captur has - but I sometomes has to use my phone instead.

Why ? Since Renault charges the back off your shirt for map updates - only way around this (AFAIK) is a russian-made hack of an alternative OS that allows other nav progs to be used.
Now - I'm no fan of russian hacks so I stick with the Renault S/W - for now.

My point ? - Carefully consider what options You have when choosing sat nav progs !
Many are free - including map updates - some of them are really good, so don't get stuck with a lemon ;o)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts