Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Fiat 500E
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there fellow 500 owners,

I've been a proud owner of a pearl white 2016 500e for the past 5 months and it's a really great car! I'm loving everything about it except the body roll and the flex in the chassis.

Has anyone done any or both of these mods:
  • vertical chassis brace
  • lower subframe brace upgrade

I'm posting here since almost every discussion involving these is about the abarth/pop, and I'm not interested in upgrading the suspension for financial reasons.

Can anyone say how much of a difference these make in the general ride/stability of the car, and if so which did you go with as I'm seeing that the established makers of these are El Gato, RoadRace Motorsports and Corsa Forza, I'm buying from outside the US and returns are a challenge.

I'm not going to race/autocross it, but it feels as if it rides on jello as the wobbly feel is a little bit bad and every little bump and pothole that our local municipality meticulously maintains upsets the ride.

Thanks for being a great place to be involved in! As I don't think I would've been able to buy the car without the abundance of valuable info around here.

·
Registered
2013 500e
16 Posts
Yes on both. In my case I made my own, but they are essentially copies of RoadRace Motorsports. I will say RRM makes quality stuff and I would highly recommend them.
I added the braces along with stiffer pivot bushings in the swingarm and a bearing setup for the struts. (with some other suspension stuff...)
The car pretty much instantly goes where you point it.

·
Registered
2016 Fiat 500E
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes on both. In my case I made my own, but they are essentially copies of RoadRace Motorsports. I will say RRM makes quality stuff and I would highly recommend them.
I added the braces along with stiffer pivot bushings in the swingarm and a bearing setup for the struts. (with some other suspension stuff...)
The car pretty much instantly goes where you point it.
Sounds awesome, a friend of mine pointed me towards a guy who fabricates chassis reinforcement stuff mainly for competitive drift cars and that's probably the way I'd go as it would be way cheaper than importing from the states + customs.
But you got me thinking about these suspension mods even though I'm not that versed in the subject!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts