Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I ordered a pair of plain metal ones on ebay for 2$ shipped, They work like a charm :)

The best part about them, is that when your not using them, they slid nicely in between the seat belt and its rubber cover ;)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Friend JimTesla! Yes, other people were pointing out such a product, but sad to say, I am a good obedient girl and I actually want to (and do!) wear the seat belt...I just don't like the BeltBuzz going off ALL the time and never stopping.
nice...a good obedient girl......hmmmmmmmm.......i like the idea for when i come home pick up the mail then drive up my private road to my castle and dont hear the beep again cause im lazy to put my belt back on....and its my private road..........also for when i transport you know stuff....and the buzzer.. stop it i cant take it any more......

and i read other articles and people want it off so hear you go....and for the record i dont drive without the belt either

·
Registered
2 Posts
wait and why is your buzzer going off all the time and not stoping?????? ;)
Once the car has been running and you take the belt off, after a short time period the buzzer will sound and doesn't stop until you buckle up. I don't mind a quick 'heads up' but it gets excessive when i get out to grab my mail and roll down the hill 20 ft to my driveway. I also have a dog that likes to ride up front and I'd rather turn the sound off all together than to have a tacky "resolution" sticking out from the buckle.

I always wear my belt when driving, but there are certain times when the belt needs to come off. The annoying belt sounds is the only thing I don't like about this car!

I was just at my local dealer and asked about the option on my dash, but was told with recent updates they don't even have that option anymore. I didn't feel confident in that being the 'end of the road' on this issue, but I'm about ready to give up the battle if my only option is a cheesy CF buckle.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I developed the habit when I was a delivery driver (pizzas then tires) of puting the key in the ignition as I got in the car, starting it as I shut the door, and then putting on my belt as I got oriented. The Fiat buzzes so loud and quickly that I find myself annoyed by the time I have the belt on. And since I was a pizza guy back in the 80s I am finding it hard to change this routine.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I developed the habit when I was a delivery driver (pizzas then tires) of puting the key in the ignition as I got in the car, starting it as I shut the door, and then putting on my belt as I got oriented. The Fiat buzzes so loud and quickly that I find myself annoyed by the time I have the belt on. And since I was a pizza guy back in the 80s I am finding it hard to change this routine.
Hey Pizza Guy, the FIAT belt buzzer has totally changed how I start my engine. The first thing I do, before doing anything, is strap that belt on. Then key, then sport button, then whatever else. I've been trained very well.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Hey Pizza Guy, the FIAT belt buzzer has totally changed how I start my engine. The first thing I do, before doing anything, is strap that belt on. Then key, then sport button, then whatever else. I've been trained very well.
Finally! It took an italian car to get you back in line. You were starting to stray from the pack.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Finally! It took an italian car to get you back in line. You were starting to stray from the pack.
Dude! I grew up in Taiwan! I think that explains a lot of the horrible bad driving habits I may have picked up, no?

I went to dinner with my friend last night; her first time in my new car. I had strapped myself in (of course), then I turned on the ignition, and she had not put on her seat belt (as we were in still in the parking lot)...the belt buzzer sounded (and kept sounding) and I told her, "Uh, you gotta put that on or else that sound won't stop..." and as I was talking she was commenting "God, that is an annoying sound! What is going on?"

I know this is off topic, but I drove her home and parked in her driveway. At some point, some of her neighbors came out and asked her "DID YOU BUY A NEW CAR???" hee hee!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just a note i store mine in the passenger seat belt when i get home i just move it over go up the street no noise
im happy a quick fix for when i need no noise other wise i dont drive with out my belt...just sometimes it needs to be quiet

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.