Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I've had my Fiat for around 3 months and I've had to take it in 3 times for the following issue. I'll be driving and the car will suddenly shake and all of the warning lights will.come on, check engine is the only one that will stay on. I'm taking it in for the 3rd time. Someone please tell me.that this is a common, easily fixable issue that doesn't need to be taken to the dealership every time. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hi Gotmick77,

I understand that you are currently seeking advice from other forum members for this, however, if you are in need of extra support while at the dealer, please feel free to send our team a message.

Darlene
Fiat Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gotmick77,

I understand that you are currently seeking advice from other forum members for this, however, if you are in need of extra support while at the dealer, please feel free to send our team a message.

Darlene
Fiat Cares
Darlene, I just want to know why this issue keeps repeating and nobody seems to be able to fix it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Which year/model do you have and how many miles? I'd start by asking the shop what they have fixed on the 3 previous times. If it's not acting up when "repaired", shops (any brand of car) sometimes will just reset the codes and the car sent out as OK. Other times they'll make a guess, based on the codes... even to replacing the same part 2 or more times. With those issues, Fiat Cares can help coordinate a repair, if you are taking it to the dealer.

It would also be a help to run your own scan. Code readers are available for $30, most parts stores can read the codes, and most dealers will share the codes. That won't fix the problem, but it'll give an idea of what the car is reporting.

Yeah, taking the car in is a major PITA.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
@Gotmick77,

As the Customer Care Team, we are not mechanically trained, however, we can provide additional support while your vehicle is in service at the dealer. We recommend working with your dealer for a diagnosis.

Darlene
Fiat Cares

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
@Gotmick77,

As the Customer Care Team, we are not mechanically trained, however, we can provide additional support while your vehicle is in service at the dealer. We recommend working with your dealer for a diagnosis.

Darlene
Fiat Cares

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
@Gotmick77,

Darlene
Fiat Cares

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
@Gotmick77,

Darlene
Fiat Cares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.